It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
(female)

footny HB Userfootny HB Userfootny HB User
Fat pad atrophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyFos View Post
Thanks! I'll check to see if either show has a way to access their archives.
I found a podiatrist in Florida who will do the injections in the bottom of my foot. The cost is 500.00 I remember someone on the board saying they were doing it, I am trying to find her post and see what her outcome was.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Fat pad atrophy

Keep us posted...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Keep us posted...
Has anyone heard about this procedure GraftJacket tissue augmentation surgery for fat pad atrophy?

Old 09-20-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
(female)

SassyFos HB User

Can you give me more information? What substance are they injecting? Do you have the same problem as I do with having no fat pads on your metatarsal heads? Are you on any kind of medication? I'm at a loss for what to do. My current doc wants to focus on pain management because nothing else has worked.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #5
(female)

it is called The Foot-Tuck Fat Pad Augmentation. I saw it on the show the Doctors. I was going to get the derma fillers in my foot, but now that I saw this, I am wondering if anyone has heard of this procedure? It is suppose to last forever.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-22-2010 at 07:20 AM.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
(female)

SassyFos HB User

No way! That is wonderful news! I was told by my doc at my last visit that we've exhausted all our efforts and that I need to focus on pain management now. I can't stand taking so much medicine! I feel like I'm in a fog all the time. If I could alleviate my pain just a little I would be so happy! Thank you for this latest bit of information. Please keep me posted and I'll check into it as well. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:09 AM   #7
(female)

Quote:
No way! That is wonderful news! I was told by my doc at my last visit that we've exhausted all our efforts and that I need to focus on pain management now. I can't stand taking so much medicine! I feel like I'm in a fog all the time. If I could alleviate my pain just a little I would be so happy! Thank you for this latest bit of information. Please keep me posted and I'll check into it as well. Good luck!
Forget Pain Management! Trust me, they will want to inject your foot and calfs and that will cause more fat loss on your foot. I am going to look into all these procedures. One doctor told me that the derma fillers they inject in your foot will break up once you step on them, they will say stuff like this if they do not do the procedure

Old 09-22-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
(female)

SassyFos HB User

I've already been injected with cortisone more times than I can count. I've also had the sclerosing done to treat stump neuromas that came back after the surgery. What NO ONE seems to be doing is to come up with a way to treat the obvious problem...which is that I'm literally walking on bones and nerves! Please keep me posted! You've given me more hope in one day than I've had in two years!!! By the way, what is the history of your foot pain? Are you taking any medication? I take neurontin, tramadol and naproxin every day and oxycodone only when needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to SassyFos For This Useful Post:
Jackie444 (10-17-2012)
Old 09-22-2010, 09:55 AM   #9
(female)

My hell, LOL, I mean my story started like this:

I had ONE neuroma, and the stupid podiatrist said my 2nd toe curved into the nerve, that if I did a hammer toe surgery i would never get a neuroma again. Well, that surgery failed MISERABLY. Aside from my 2nd toe overlapping my third toe and I could barely walk! The next surgery, the doctor cut the tendon in my foot so it wouldn't overlap my 3rd toe anymore and fused the 2nd toe.

Well, i went to so many orthopedics, because I was just done with podiatrist. They diagnosed my foot with everything from neuritis to I can't even remember. I think i went to 6 orthos in NY and 2 other podiatrist, everyone knows each other, but I didn't know this at the time.

Than, this is the best, since the first surgery my lower back started to hurt, now it is so bad, I am bed ridden.

What I did, was leave the state of NY and seek a podiatrist out of state!

My problems are, I have 2 nueromas and during surgery the doctor COMPRESSED my foot, so I have been walking on BONE for almost 3 years! I also found out that even ONE shot in the foot, there is a risk for fat pad atrophy! The podiatrist who did my surgeries gave me so many shots! Also, my 2nd toe is stiff and raised. So all those orthos and podiatrist who would tell me to get inserts, I kept telling them I can NOT, my 2nd toe RUBS up on the shoe and it HURTS.

A TOTAL MESS!!! So yes, now my back is out, I have disc hitting the nerves and have to see if epidurals will work. Everyone I have talked to from massage therapist to podiatrist to orthopedics to where I got my last (the 8th) foot MRI said, when you walk wrong, it will cause back AND knee problems.

I have read on here that some doctors tell their patients to lose weight, I laugh. I went from 118 lbs to 100 lbs because I could barely walk through the grocery store, my foot kills me.

I have lost SO much respect for doctors and their staff, it is a disgrace.

I finally found a podiatrist who was thorough and WANTS to help. She does the derma fillers in the foot, but I just saw this procedure on the Doctors and I have to see if she does this procedure.

After reading these boards, I know I am not alone. I have paid THOUSANDS in medical care. My advice: This is America, go to a different doctor. Please LEARN from my mistake.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-22-2010 at 10:23 AM.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #10
(female)

SassyFos HB User

I want to clarify that my foot problems were not caused by high heels but by an active lifestyle that included running and fitness walking. I, too, am nowhere close to being overweight. Just the luck of the draw to develop the nasty little buggers! I've had complications and much pain and frustration, but nothing compared to you, my friend! I pray for both of us that this procedure could be a dream come true. Please keep your spirits up and take "one step" at a time. I came up with 4 different practices in my area that does the procedure. I live right between Indianapolis and Cincinnati so can travel to both areas. I'll keep you posted.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-22-2010 at 10:23 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to SassyFos For This Useful Post:
Jackie444 (10-17-2012)
Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 AM   #11
(female)

Quote:
I want to clarify that my foot problems were not caused by high heels but by an active lifestyle that included running and fitness walking. I, too, am nowhere close to being overweight. Just the luck of the draw to develop the nasty little buggers! I've had complications and much pain and frustration, but nothing compared to you, my friend! I pray for both of us that this procedure could be a dream come true. Please keep your spirits up and take "one step" at a time. I came up with 4 different practices in my area that does the procedure. I live right between Indianapolis and Cincinnati so can travel to both areas. I'll keep you posted.
My loss of fat pad was due to bad surgery and so many shots in the foot. Please let me know what the doctors you are going to have to say about these procedures.

Old 10-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User

I think fat pad atrophy may be what I have also. I had mortons neuroma surgery 2 1/2 years ago and have had problems ever since. I have been to several podiatrists, have had several coritisone as well as scleroing injections as well as acupuncture and no one or nothing has been able to help me with the terrible nerve problem I have in the ball of my my foot.

I was told once that the fat pad in my foot was thinning which makes me think I may have fat pad atrophy. Either that or a stump neuroma. I am terrified of having more surgery since the last one I had did nothing to help me and only made things much worse.

I have read that nerves can regenerate themselves but it takes a long time. I'm not too anxious to go to a pain clinic, only to be shot up with more injections or doped up with drugs. I don't know what to do, and I'm going crazy looking for help. It has affected my life in a terrible way. I hope we can all find answers and help for our problems. No one should have to go through all this misery, while the docs are filling their pocketbooks.

Sharon

Old 10-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #13
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinboots View Post
I think fat pad atrophy may be what I have also. I had mortons neuroma surgery 2 1/2 years ago and have had problems ever since. I have been to several podiatrists, have had several coritisone as well as scleroing injections as well as acupuncture and no one or nothing has been able to help me with the terrible nerve problem I have in the ball of my my foot.

I was told once that the fat pad in my foot was thinning which makes me think I may have fat pad atrophy. Either that or a stump neuroma. I am terrified of having more surgery since the last one I had did nothing to help me and only made things much worse.

I have read that nerves can regenerate themselves but it takes a long time. I'm not too anxious to go to a pain clinic, only to be shot up with more injections or doped up with drugs. I don't know what to do, and I'm going crazy looking for help. It has affected my life in a terrible way. I hope we can all find answers and help for our problems. No one should have to go through all this misery, while the docs are filling their pocketbooks.

Sharon
Now I know that too many shots can cause loss of fat in the entire foot. I am now losing fat in my heel also. I wish the podiatrist would tell people this before they do surgeries and give us shots. I guess the more surgeries they do, the more money they make. What do these doctors care if we suffer? I am also looking into derma fillers for the ball of the foot. I went to, I think 7 doctors, before i was told that I had fat pad atrophy. My present podiatrist thinks using derma fillers will be less evasive.

Be careful, the more your foot hurts the more you will walk wrong, I now have back problems from walking wrong so long.

Good Luck, remember this is the USA keep going to doctors, and before you go, check them out, see if they have lawsuits, etc.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:37 AM   #14
(female)

SassyFos HB User

Sharon...you have described my life...and my surgery was also a little over 2 years ago. I have not checked into the fat injections yet, but I intend to. I'm just so tired of my life being controlled by my feet! Please keep in touch and let me know how you're dealing with the pain and if any of the doctors (who are lining their pocketbooks with our money) come up with a treatment plan. There are so few people who actually understand the chronic nature of this problem. It never goes away and some days are just unbearable. I'm here to chat if you ever need support from someone who truly understands what you're dealing with every day. Take care!

Old 10-04-2010, 04:01 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User

Sassy

That's the problem... I'm not seeing anyone at the present time. I don't know where to go for help. NO ONE seems to know anything. I have been to at least 7 podiatrists including the one who did my neuroma surgery 2 1/2 years ago, went to physical therapy, had acupuncture treatments, and not one of these docs seem to be able to help me. All any of them have done was shoot me up with cortisone, sclerosing and nerve block injections and send me on my way with no solution, which I now believe is why I have the chronic nerve problem in the ball of my foot now.

No one has actually told me I have atrophy, but what else could it be? And you would think that the surgeon would admit that maybe, just maybe he screwed up. The ball of my foot feels worse since surgery than it did before. All the doc suggested was a pain clinic, and I'm with you, who wants to be shot up with more injections and doped up on drugs? Did you have your surgery form the top or bottom of your foot and how did it feel after the surgery? Mine was done from the top.

Your right when you say that no one understands the chronic problem we are going through. How do you explain a nerve probelm? I rarely even talk to my family about it, not that they don't care, they just don't understand. I can't even dress up with a nice pair of heels any more,, so I'm stuck wearing my ugly sneakers all the time. Our family is giving my Mom a 90th Birthday party this Sunday and my biggest concern is what shoes will I be able to stand wearing all afternoon. Isn't that a shame. Maybe I'll have to wear slippers!
Isn't derma fillers like botox? How long would it last. I don't think insurance would cover it. Keep in touch...it's very hard to find someone who understands this problem.

Take Care..Sharon

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancinboots For This Useful Post:
Jackie444 (10-17-2012)
Closed Thread