It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
(female)

lisababy HB User
Metatarsal knuckle removal surgery

I am posting for my grandmother who does not have internet access.

My grandma (73 yrs., diabetic but very active and swims daily) has had a screw in her big toe for 3 years. It is working it's way out now and causing a great deal of pain. The surgeon would like to remove the screw. This does not have her concerned.

Also, he would like to remove all five metatarsal knuckles because of arthritis. She has had rheumatoid arthritis since she was in her 20s and the bones have fused to a solid mass.

Has anyone had metatarsal knuckles removed? Were you able to walk normally afterward? Did it affect your balance? Did it improve your situation? She is hesitant to have this surgery because she has not been able to get information about what would happen afterward.

Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Scheduled for surgery to shorten my 2nd metatarsal looking for any input good or bad woods5 Foot & Ankle Problems 1 07-01-2010 12:03 AM
4th 5th metatarsal fusion carrlaf Foot & Ankle Problems 3 06-27-2010 04:17 AM
post-op bunionectomy and 2nd metatarsal break concern Kalikt Foot & Ankle Problems 1 01-16-2010 01:49 AM
Saw ortho Dr today-2nd metatarsal overload syndrome woods5 Foot & Ankle Problems 5 02-05-2009 10:49 AM
spiral fracture 5th metatarsal not healing caz65 Foot & Ankle Problems 10 10-01-2008 04:31 PM

Tags
metatarsal knuckle removal