It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
(male)

bluestreakboy HB User
Can someone advise what this is on my foot?

For the past few months, I thought it was a thorn or the like that I just could not get out. I now realize there is an indentation right at the center and that it is kinda hard in the surrounding whiter area around the indentation.

I have done research and looked at photos online. The closest thing it seems like is plantar wart but all the photos I am finding just look different, so I am not sure. I do not have health insurance else I would go to a PCP for a diagnosis.

I would like to know what it is so I can go about curing it permanently. I can temporarily relieve the pain by using a pumice stone and taking the top layers of skin off, but it just keeps coming back. Any input as to what it could be would be sincerely appreciated. Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Foot_Sole.jpg (25.8 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by moderator2; 12-06-2010 at 06:49 AM. Reason: please post pictures as attachments instead of as links

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

michlei HB Usermichlei HB Usermichlei HB Usermichlei HB Usermichlei HB Usermichlei HB Usermichlei HB User
Re: Can someone advise what this is on my foot?

I've had plantar warts and it looks like that to me. If you cannot afford to go to a doctor right off, you can try over the counter stuff, but in actual fact they don't often work that well. The doctor just froze off the plantar wart, so it shouldn't be too much of a cost for a visit to see him. You need to get it attended to though as eventually it will get quite painful and deep.

The Following User Says Thank You to michlei For This Useful Post:
bluestreakboy (12-08-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #3
(male)

bluestreakboy HB User

Thanks Michlei for your response. I am going to try a plantar removal product form Dr Scholls that seems to have really good reviews on am_zon. If that does not work, then yea I will just suck it up and go to a doctor. Thanks again.

Last edited by bluestreakboy; 12-08-2010 at 10:14 AM.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jessigrl HB Userjessigrl HB User

I agree a wart or something. The bottom of your foot looks so healthy and soft. Sorry to sound strange mine are flakey and dry.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi One way to get rid of warts (I am not sure about the plantar type) is to take a small part of a banana peel, place this on the skin and then put peice of cloth tape over it to hold it in place. It can be left there for the day, taken off at night and redone the next day. Someone did this for a wart on a finger with success. This method was found on the net some time ago.

Closed Thread