It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

shyshell HB User
anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed...

anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed even on my heel my foot feels weird and odd when I try to see if I can..it doesn't hurt. I had scarf bunionectomy on Dec 1 and I should be walking in January right? or at least walking boot? tired of being non weight bearing..lol

Old 12-29-2010, 07:24 PM   #2
(female)

shyshell HB User
Re: anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed..

and may I add also a tad itchy and burning

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 03:02 PM   #3
(male)

Jimh1 HB UserJimh1 HB User
Re: anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed..

I had my large toe fused almost 5 weeks ago. Today he put me in a removable cast (walking boot). The numbness is normal and the weird feeling I can relate to. Right now I have been using a walker to help get around the house. There is quite a bit of pain coming from the ankle so I plan on taking a easy.

The following user gives a hug of support to Jimh1:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimh1 For This Useful Post:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #4
(female)

shyshell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimh1 View Post
I had my large toe fused almost 5 weeks ago. Today he put me in a removable cast (walking boot). The numbness is normal and the weird feeling I can relate to. Right now I have been using a walker to help get around the house. There is quite a bit of pain coming from the ankle so I plan on taking a easy.
wow I have two screws to hold mine together and he straighten my big toe foot bone...a walker hmmm ..I got to see where I can get one. hopefully good news at my dr appt. January 7.

Old 12-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User

Wallgreens, Rite Aid or CVS all sell walkers. I got a two wheeled walker after my foot surgery which required me to be NWB for about $50.00 It was worth every cent

The Following User Says Thank You to roxygirl1 For This Useful Post:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #6
(female)

shyshell HB User

thanks and I don't care if hubby calls me old women for using walker...lol....tired of scooting with knee on computer chair or crawling.....lol...crutches are my enemy

Old 12-30-2010, 04:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Talking Re: anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed..

I know what you mean about crutches. Four years ago, I had knee surgery. I tripped while using the crutches. I slid across the hard wood floors and hit my elbow into a window frame. I FRACTURED MY ELBOW!!!!! At least, I did not hit the surgical knee on the floor and the elbow healed without a problem.

I never knew that you can use a two wheeled walker for NWB until the physical therapist at the hospital showed me how to use the walker to hop foward on one foot. The walker is so much more fall resistant than crutches. I also hung a little pouch and cup holder onto the walker frame to make life easier. I guess I had a tricked out walker

The following user gives a hug of support to roxygirl1:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
The Following User Says Thank You to roxygirl1 For This Useful Post:
shyshell (12-30-2010)
Old 12-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #8
(female)

shyshell HB User

it has too have wheels...okay going in town tomorrow

Old 12-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #9
(female)

FlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyshell View Post
anyone else with foot feeling numb and weird when accidentally step flat footed even on my heel my foot feels weird and odd when I try to see if I can..it doesn't hurt. I had scarf bunionectomy on Dec 1 and I should be walking in January right? or at least walking boot? tired of being non weight bearing..lol
I had surgery on my tendons, calf and joint fused, but the bottom of my foot has felt numb in spots some numbness random some more or less permanent for 13 weeks. The doc says it's due to swelling pressing on nerves. Happynewyear...

Old 01-01-2011, 03:06 AM   #10
(male)

London Chap HB UserLondon Chap HB UserLondon Chap HB User

I broke my elbow 13 years ago and it was treated using a metal plate and a couple of screws (interestingly I wasn't even put in a cast after the op and it was much easier than dealing with my foot). Proper sensation has only returned to the whole of my forearm in the past few years and it's not completely the same as my other arm even now although it's no different in any other respect.

I think this type of surgery messes with nerves and even the best surgeons can't always avoid disrupting minor nerves.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
(female)

shyshell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Chap View Post
I broke my elbow 13 years ago and it was treated using a metal plate and a couple of screws (interestingly I wasn't even put in a cast after the op and it was much easier than dealing with my foot). Proper sensation has only returned to the whole of my forearm in the past few years and it's not completely the same as my other arm even now although it's no different in any other respect.

I think this type of surgery messes with nerves and even the best surgeons can't always avoid disrupting minor nerves.
what I'm afraid of ..will my foot ever be the same..lol..right now I wonder

Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #12
(male)

Jimh1 HB UserJimh1 HB User

I really do not believe mine will ever be the same, but I can say as I type that my pain is gone. If given the choice, I will rather live with some of the numbness that I have instead of the pain.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jimh1 For This Useful Post:
shyshell (01-04-2011)
Old 01-04-2011, 06:42 AM   #13
(female)

shyshell HB User

agree....I see my Dr. this Friday and hope I can be promoted to a walking boot or something other then this non weight bearing crude..lol my son turns 5 this Saturday.

Closed Thread