It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2011, 05:14 AM   #1
(female)

mistysparkle HB User
two questions- just curiosity

#1- i'm just wondering whether crackling ankle could be related to an old ankle strain? i strained ankle (i think it was strain since it went away next day) many years ago but still when i move it in different ways i can feel the bones moving inside, not painful though.
since i couldn't find similar topics on other places decided to ask here in case someone can give me a lead.

#2- other thing is my big toe. years ago i hit at against the wall pretty hard and then couldn't walk on it. i didn't go to school for few days while pain stopped.
now about a year ago i noticed it's little painful when i walked with high heeled shoes and it was little stiff. sometimes i still can feel tenderness when put more weight on toe.
just wonder whether it could be somehow connected.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
(female)

dizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB Userdizzizzi99 HB User
Re: two questions- just curiosity

The crackling ankle could be an issue. Your ankle should move up and down smoothly. Put your fingers over your other ankle and see how it feels when you move it up and down. Then try the one that is crackling. if it is bumpy and non smooth there may be a joint issue. I could not tell you if it is arthritic or what the issue is, however the doc told me that mine has some sort of shrapnel (spelling) in it. I have had previous surgeries and could use a clean out scope, but no $. He said it should be smooth feeling. No idea about a toe. All I can say is high heels are way overrated and bad for us ladies. Lots of people on here who wish they never wore them.
Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.
Diane

The following user gives a hug of support to dizzizzi99:
mistysparkle (01-25-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to dizzizzi99 For This Useful Post:
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 11:27 PM   #3
(female)

FlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB UserFlatfootDiva HB User

You may have arthritis in the toe after the trauma and the cracking may be ligaments moving over the bone and may be caused from prior twisting. A ligament is hard so I suppose it could feel like bone. Having had foot problems for many many years, and remembering that it started when I was a kid, I would have gone to a podiatrist much sooner. If you can find a podiatrist to give you advice about your feet you can find out if it's something to be concerned about. Good luck.

The following user gives a hug of support to FlatfootDiva:
The Following User Says Thank You to FlatfootDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2011, 01:53 AM   #4
(female)

mistysparkle HB User

thanks I'll check it out by myself.
since i don't have any insurrance it gonna be harder to get an appointment to doc but at least i know which direction to look for.

well the time when i twisted my ankle was very long ago but i remember it was painful only that day, the next day my ankle didn't hurt at all and seemed be fine. i guess children can heal faster.

i try not to wear much heels
the beauty is killing

ok thank you again

Old 01-26-2011, 04:18 AM   #5
(female)

mistysparkle HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrencia View Post
I'm sorry to hear about your pain. My ankle is triggered each time I move and it is very painful, may be some kind of deformity in the joint. If you're worried, you can get some physical therapy.

thanks. my pain isn't that bad anymore since the summer is over and i'm hidden in boots.
i'm sorry to hear about your pain.

yesterday checked my both ankles and found out that crackling is only into right one, not left.
it was weird but there wasn't pain like few days ago i was suddenly stricked by severe pain when bearing weight on the right ankle but later stopped.
it hasn't repeated anymore.
i think the problem isn't very serious but I'll keep my eyes open.
but thanks anyways for advice.

Closed Thread