It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

vrouw63 HB User
Ladies--Heels after MTP toe fusion??

For all the ladies out there that have had their MTP joint below the big toe fused: Can you actually wear a small heel after the surgery/recovery period? I'm talking 2 inches max. Is it better if it's a wedge heel?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User
Re: Ladies--Heels after MTP toe fusion??

Hi vrouw63, before I had my surgery, I was starting to consider looking for negative heel shoes...you know the kind where the heel is lower than the toe. I had some Dansko clogs which I could no longer wear, and had to wear absolutely flat shoes. Even those hurt. I can now wear my Danskos which have about a 1.5 inch heel. So, I suspect that I will be able to go to 1.5 inches anyway. It is quite exciting...... I think once summer comes I will see if I can find a dress shoe that is less sensible, yet still comfortable. I think I will have to consider the toe box because the toe goes straight forward. I imagine I will not be able to be too pointed. That's okay, because pointy shoes are not particularly comfortable anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to Northwind For This Useful Post:
vrouw63 (02-20-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2011, 01:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

hi, the wide toe box is most important. i can wear 2 and a half in heel, but i have to have a sling back so i wont slide. go to speciality shoe stores. it took be a very long time to fit into a shoe.

Old 03-25-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
(female)

sausage172 HB User

Hi, I am having a big toe fusion in a week's time. Can you please let me know how you are getting on now? Any pain, how long was the recovery time, can you walk normally, can you walk far, can you wear small healed shoes on special occasion?? I would appreciate your reply as its all very scary!
Best wishes

Closed Thread

Tags
foot problems, mtp arthrodesis, mtp fusion