It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2011, 08:38 AM   #16
Veteran
(female)

velvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB User
Re: t minus 6 days!! getting the jitters!!

Yes be sure to pop back in and tell us how you are doing at some point. Wish you a speedy recovery! It should be nice to finally get the surgerey done and behind you.

The Following User Says Thank You to velvetrain For This Useful Post:
colombiana14 (03-13-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 11:02 AM   #17
(female)

eann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB User

velvetrain, how are you doing? today is day 9 for me..still having a lot of pressure and pain if I hang my foot down and wish I could be at week 12!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #18
Veteran
(female)

velvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB User

[QUOTE=eann65;4705483]velvetrain, how are you doing? today is day 9 for me..still having a lot of pressure and pain if I hang my foot down and wish I could be at week 12![/QUOTE]

A little better. Friday was the worst day so far for pain. It was burning and had sharp shooting jolting like pains. It was bad. The pressure with my foot down Is very minimal now. It actually feels better down than elevated. Weird huh?

Old 03-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #19
(female)

colombiana14 HB User
Tomorrow is the day!!! surgery time!!

aaahhh..gettiin anxious and nervous and ill to my stomach....tomorrow gotta be at hospital at 630am...im am excited that its finally here, but crazy scared about the pain!! well wish me good luck and i will update on pain/recovery/questions..etc!!!

Gotta get a good nights sleep!!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: colombiana14
eann65 (03-13-2011), ketaylor1980 (03-14-2011), velvetrain (03-13-2011)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:06 PM   #20
Veteran
(female)

You will be fine dear. Remember nothing to eat or drink after midnight.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:17 AM   #21
(female)

colombiana14 HB User

hi! well, i am 3 days post op.....in a lot of pain, mostly just sleeping tho and not eating. First day was the worst...nauseas, and not being able to hold anything down suked.

Surgery went ok, there were a few complications which made the surgery about 4 1/2 hours. waking up outta anethesthia was fine...juz got the chills but all in all was a good experience.

I hate the pain, but have a question, how is the best way to take a shower because i bought a shower stool and it was soo awkward...

well any info would be nice...sorry meds have set in again..not makin much sense!! bye for now

Old 03-16-2011, 09:36 AM   #22
Veteran
(female)

Glad things went okay. I was wondering about you and figured you were recuperating. Do your best to stay on top of the pain though and keep things elevated to keep the swelling down. I bought a really nice teak wood adjustable shower bench with arms which has been a godsend. Your brave. The last thing I was thinking about in the days following my surgerey was a shower. I took mini sponge bath in my sink while seated on my walker seat. Just being up was tiring. These days I still take sponge baths but in my tub. Hate getting sprayed with water in my shower and don't have a handheld shower head.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

The first time I had ankle surgery I just sat in the tub and let the shower spray down on me from the opposite end, then to wash my hair I flipped around and used the water from the faucet in the tub.

This last time, I used a small plastic stool and a hand-held attachment. This was a much nicer solution, although I got cold because the water wasn't spraying continuously. The attachment I used was actually the one I bought to give my dog a bath. It's got a little connecter piece that goes in behind the showerhead, then you can very easily attach or detach the handheld portion when you need it.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
(female)

colombiana14 HB User

my fiance bought a hand held shower thingy...and its a wonderful invention! I think mini sponge baths and dry shampoo will be the solution for the next couple of days! i get really nauseas and upset stomach and cant hold anything down. What should I do? I eat crackers and drink lil sips of water and powerade but nothing works...im a little frustrated with the pain and and everything.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
Veteran
(female)

Have you tried some Ginger ale or some ginger tea? You definitely don't want to get dehydrated. I was fine the second day and slowly started to introduce my regular food back in my diet.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #26
(female)

eann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB User

They sent me home with a few sublingual zofran for nausea which were great those first few days when i took so much pain med..if nothing else works maybe your doc could call you in some..hang in there

Old 03-16-2011, 11:59 AM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

kehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB Userkehorner HB User

Call your doctor! There are all kinds of anti-nausea meds that they can prescribe, and they are very effective. There's no reason to be miserable when relief is available. My doctor actually wrote me a prescription for anti-nausea meds right along with my pain pill prescription. Fortunately I didn't need them, but I had them available if I did.

The Following User Says Thank You to kehorner For This Useful Post:
colombiana14 (03-16-2011)
Old 03-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #28
(female)

ketaylor1980 HB Userketaylor1980 HB User

Colombiana14,

I just wanted to see how you were doing. I am on day two after my surgery and I understand the pain. I keep it elevated and iced and on top of my pain pills but still have a good bit of pain. I hope this starts to fade as time passes. Did you get your nausea undercontrol?
My doctor gave me phinagren (I'm a bad speller sober, even worse when I am druged ) so I haven't had any issue with nausea. I just take it right along with my percocet and have not issues.
Do you have a plaster cast yet? If so how are dealing with the ice. I am having a hard time figureing out how to get the ice effect past my splint and ace bandages that is wrapped around my leg and ankle.

I hope you are doing good.

Kimberly

Closed Thread