It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
(male)

Go Gonzaga HB User
Accidentally put weight on foot... ughhh!

I am about 2 1/2 weeks out from full flat root reconstruction surgery.

I feel from my knew scooter and accidental stood on my operated foot for a 1/2 a second.

did not hurt and my surgeon does not seem to be worried, as he says the fiberglass class would protect me (just don't make it a habit )

this happen to anyone else? If so........any issues?

Todd

Old 04-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
(female)

cloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB Usercloud1959 HB User
Re: Accidentally put weight on foot....ughhh!

Yes I did it twice. I had no issues either and was told that that was what the cast was for. I've read lots of stories on here where people have accidentally put weight on a casted foot. Very rarely have I seen that it's done lasting damage. I would say that unless it hurts or feels different, you'll be ok.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: Accidentally put weight on foot... ughhh!

The same thing happened to me. I am now 8 months post op and am doing very well now. You were smart to call your doctor. It sounds as if you are fine

Old 04-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

I came down on my foot two times during the recovery period - both times it happened when I was in the cast. My doctor had me come in for x-rays and everything was fine. It was really a good idea to call your doctor. The cast does great job protecting surgical foot.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #5
(female)

eann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB User

I'm four weeks out today..i've accidently stepped down twice just barely and the pain was incredible..everything was fine..but i've had many scary dreams about trying to walk on my foot. It's weird. Im sure I've read every post here about flat foot reconstruction and the more I think about weight bearing and knowing the long process ahead, it scares me!! It's a beautiful day here in Ca..wish I could walk

Old 04-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User

Things will get better. It is a long slow process but you will get there. I am 8 months post op and doing well

Old 04-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #7
(female)

sfoot58 HB Usersfoot58 HB User

Hi I also landed on my foot when i lost my balance on crutches on the first day after surgery, oh did it hurt but my dr. said it should be ok, I did it twice again, on crutches again. I am 10 days post op. My dr. said it is pretty hard to do any damage with the cast on, so I am not too concerned but it really does hurt when it happens.

Old 04-01-2011, 07:29 PM   #8
(female)

Cmj806 HB User

I fell, embarrassingly enough, from the high toilet seat the hospital gave me to go home with, the day i went home. It wasn't latched to my toilet correctly and it swung sideways. I fell to the side and full stood on my foot, in the back-slab after surgery splint cast. God did it hurt. I had to go get xrays and my cast redone. I don't know if any of my complications arose from that fall but it happened several other times after that. I would not worry unless your feeling pain.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:55 AM   #9
(male)

Go Gonzaga HB User

Thanks for the reassuring words guys.......nice to know that there are fellow klutzes are there like me ) (kidding just kidding!)

It has happened 3 times since surgery.......the only pain (and it was very mild) was from my heel incision. Other than that, it has been a non-issue.

The more I investigate this cast, the more I realize how advanced they have truly come.
These things are TOUGH! And with the overkill of padding that they give you, I feel pretty safe. That being said, I would prefer staying upright versus another tumber

Old 04-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

velvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB Uservelvetrain HB User

I mildly lost my balance when I stood one morning from the toilet trying to pull my pants up as I reached for my walker. I put weight on my toes of my bad foot as I grabbed the doorway.

Closed Thread