It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
(female)

gonnabe HB User
My Bilateral bunionectomy

Hello all
I've been following most of the bunionectomy threads for advice and it's been really helpful, am wondering if anyone can help with my little problem (worry!!)
I had my surgery done in Feb, am now 6 weeks post op. I wasn't in plaster casts but able to be mobile by wearing surgical shoes which are specifically designed to keep your toes pointing directly upwards and completely off the ground, only heel weight bearing. These were fantastic contraptions that made my recovery period so much easier, after a couple of weeks resting I was up cooking dinner and getting around at home really well (we live in a bungalow, which was also a big help) I had bandages for 3 weeks then once the stitches had been removed just good thick socks with the shoes.
Now I've had the all clear from consultant and am slowly increasing weight bearing in normal shoes with a view to returning to work (phased return!!) tomorrow!! I've been getting about and even driving short distances but the problem I'm having now is that while my left foot seems to be doing so well, a few moments of discomfort and looking really good my right foot keeps swelling up and is so much more painful, I've gone back to using lots of regular elevation and icing but it's making no difference. I can't understand how one foot can be causing me such problems?? Has anyone else experienced this??
Would appreciate any helpful advice.
All in all Im so pleased with the overall outcome and would definately recommend the surgery to fellow sufferers.
Good luck to all others on here
Thank you for your time xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread