It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

notarunner HB User
Question strange foot pain

I had pain in my left foot approximately 6 weeks ago. I had surgery (unrelated) scheduled and figured with my resting/recovery from surgery my foot would get better. It did not. I have never had any foot problems before. Two weeks ago I decided enough was enough and went to a podiatrist. The Dr. took an x ray and he said it shows a stress fracture on top of my foot near the third toe. He gave me a walking boot for outside the house and a Darco shoe for inside the house and said to stay off of it and to use an ace bandage at night. So I did as he said. Well, this all seems to be helping it is not 100% better yet but there is improvement. How long until full recovery? The doctor said about one more week and then I should be able to wear sneakers on that foot. But I am not sure about that.

Also three days ago I started to have pain in my right foot on the bottom, and top of foot near middle toes and a little on the outside. The pain starts off minimal and gradually increases. It also sometimes goes up my foot to my ankle. The strange thing is this happens at rest! I do not have any pain when wearing shoes and walking. Has anyone experienced this before? I did make a dr. appt for Monday but I am wondering if anyone has anything to share that might help me get through the weekend? Thank you.

Old 04-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: strange foot pain

I actually have a stress fracture on my tibia beginning right above the joint. I did not have to be non-weight bearing but wore a boot for four weeks and now a have a custom made brace. The brace was made before I got the stress fracture for my foot that I had ptt surgery. My doctor said it takes 6-8 weeks for a stress fracture to heal. I had new x-rays this past week, at the 4 week mark, showing bone growth so I was allowed out of the boot. I knew it would be good news prior to going to the doctor because my foot was feeling so good.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missyluke For This Useful Post:
notarunner (04-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
(female)

notarunner HB User

thank you for replying! My biggest concern right now (due to the intense pain and uncomfortable sensations) is my right foot which does not have a diagnosis yet. Do you have any ideas of why I have pain in so many different locations (on the bottom, and top of foot near middle toes and a little on the outside.)? Do you think they are related or could I be so "lucky" to have multiple issues going on? I feel a strange pinching feeling, as if I want to pull my toes to relieve pain/pressure, which I would never do but that is what I automatically feel like doing. I am so afraid to touch anything so I don't make anything worse.

Does anyone know about or had a displaced stress fractures? Could it be that? How are they fixed? Thanks! I can not wait till Monday morning's appointment!

Old 05-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
(male)

Remmmik HB User

Hey there, did you ever find out what was going on with the pain in your foot. I am having something simular.

Closed Thread