It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Question 2nd OCD Drilling Success Stories

Hi,
I'm having a 2nd scope on May 2nd for either impingement (clean up) or OCD drilling and clean up. I had my original drilling in March of 2009 for a SMALL (4mmx3mm) OCD and some minor PTT work. My recent MRI Arthrogram shows that the OCD has filled in (and that I have a lot of scar tissue, completely torn ATFL, mild spurring in both gutters and an accessory ossicle).

I really hope that I don't need another drilling! I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who went through a 2nd drilling and had SUCCESS with it? I can see a lot of failures with both first and second drillings...just wondering if there are any positive outcomes with a second drilling.

Thanks,
Julie

Old 04-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB User
Re: 2nd OCD Drilling Success Stories

Julie,

I too had an OCD and failed drilling once and ended up having OATS and these boards have been great, but just wanted to say don't get discouraged if you don't get many success stories on here... I realized that the success stories are off running around and not necessarily actively posting on this board.

It is a great sign that it filled in, mine didn't at all after my first drilling so stay positive! Hopefully you will be among those running around in no time!

Kim.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimberp For This Useful Post:
let me walk (04-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #3
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Re: 2nd OCD Drilling Success Stories

Thanks Kim,
My husband keeps reminding me of the same thing (the successful people are no longer posting and off running and doing their thing). I will try to remain optomistic and update after my surgery. You've been through a lot with your ankle.

Julie

Closed Thread