It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
(female)

xSunnySmilex HB User
PTTD surgery with implant, and now without

I had PTTD surgery a little more than a year ago for a partially torn tendon. Surgeon trimmed away the bad stuff (he said it was really shredded) and then they wrapped cadaver heart tissue around it to strengthen it. They also put a steel implant in between the bones in the ankle to stop my foot from pronating. After a year, I couldn't stand the pain from the implant any longer. The more active I was, the more it hurt. Every step had my weight on this steel implant. Surgery was done to remove the implant. Surgeon said he would have liked to see it stay in for 2 years, but I could not forsee any improvement, since there had been none in the last 6 months. So it's been about a month and a half since the removal. The pain from the implant is gone. Slowly, I've noticed the pain from the tendon coming back. Of course it's nothing like it was, but I'm scared. I don't know if I'm damaging it or if it's just normal stretching that I haven't been used to. I'll be seeing the surgeon again in June, but just wanted to ask here if anyone has had this experience with having an implant and then having it removed, and what your experience was.

Closed Thread