It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 12:20 PM   #1
(female)

ketara5 HB User
Looking for Maggietaz

Maggietaz - I'm researching Morton's neuroma and saw some of your previous posts on them. We're both from the baltimore area, and I'd love to know what doc you saw and your thoughts. I think we might know each other through Scouts, too. I'm new to this board, and don't know if there's a way to PM you or not...

Thanks so much!!!!

Old 07-19-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User
Re: Looking for Maggietaz

I saw two different docs one Pod and one ortho. Both in the Columbia area. I ended up with getting two shots that were put in from the top of the foot. Turns out that the neuromas were not my only problem, but that is another story. I have found that if I where the right shoes I am ok. The POD who I saw after the Ortho said that he would have done the shots from the bottom and if I need any more shots that is what I wil have done.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-27-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

ketara5 HB User

Anyway, I had MN surgery dec 2009 after a round of failed cortisone shots. Had both feet done at the same time, too. 6 months later, the sensations started again. It was manageable for some time, but since January it's gotten progressively worse. The pod that did the first surgery said it is probably a stump and wanted to do alcohol injections. I've heard such mixed results on them, I finally decided to go for a second opinion (especially since they're really bugging me now). New pod wants to do radiofrequency ablation. it's so new I can't find a lot on it in terms of the neuroma. He said it's either that or surgery. I have an appointment for the ablation, but it's leaving a bad feeling in my gut. I've been told the surgery through the bottom of the foot can cause bad scarring with more problems than its worth. I'm really at the end of my rope and don't know what to do.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-27-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Old 07-19-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

maggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB Usermaggietaz HB User

The most important thing is a reputable surgeon. Can I ask who you are seeing now? I know that several people on the board always recommend trying to see whoever the sports teams doctors are in the area. I know for my ankle surgeries I saw Dr. schon at Union Memorial and he is considered one of the best. I really like my pod. In Collumbia, where are you located?

The following user gives a hug of support to maggietaz:
ketara5 (07-19-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to maggietaz For This Useful Post:
ketara5 (07-19-2011)
Old 07-19-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
(female)

ketara5 HB User

I just heard about Dr. Schon this afternoon, and was considering contacting his office for an appointment. Guess I should go ahead with that now! I'm in Harford County...have seen Dr. Martorana in the past (great guy!) and just consulted Dr. Orman about the radiofrequency ablation.

I truly appreciate your help!!!!!

Closed Thread