It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
(female)

motherofsports HB User
I need help. my son plays football, I have a problem with his feet!

I am not sure what to do.. He is 11 and this is his first year of football. I have been doing everything I can, but he can barely run by the end of practice. Where the pain is located is on the sides of his feet. I am not sure what it is? does anybody know? Or does anybody know how I can make it better? I need some ideas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: I need help. my son plays football, I have a problem with his feet!

Take him to a sports med orthopedic surgeon who is foot and ankle board certified. He can tell you what's going on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
(female)

jennaaabaaabyyy HB User

he may have flat feet. sometimes your feet are so flat the inside of your foot caves over. running can make this more painful because it swells. the pain normally runs from your big toe to your heel. they can do a bone graph to fix it. i've had it done because i had similar pain with my feet.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
(male)

LivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB User

mmmm yes sounds like could be flat feet/pronation (people with flat feet tend to pronate when running, which is roll the feet towards the inside) or plantar fascitis, though I think PF pain tends to be more on the bottom than on the sides. Definitely take him to see a foot/ankle ortho with sports medicine specialty, or sports medicine ortho with foot/ankle speciality (what Titchou said). Once you know what it is, might be able to improve situation with some combination of stretching, orthotics, and different shoes.

Closed Thread