It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
(female)

mmiamor HB User
Thumbs up arthritis after bunion surgery

I am so sad the Doctor only wanted to make money and did not tell me anything about arthritis and all the complications. I have hammer toes so she cut all my toes on both feet 15 days apart just to catch on my health insurance that was about to experience.
She also CUT TOO M"UCH BONE and I have so much pain I can walk exercise and she does not care. I do not have insurance and she does not want to see me because of that.
I went to a city hospital in new york city and they told me that that foot surgery have the worst result.
I want to sue it for cutting to much bone. I have been looking for lawyers who want to help me but they are into money.
I would like that we tell people how bad is this surgery but organizing a tvshow the problems with foot surgery. We have to stop other people for doing this srugery!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
(male)

killneuroma HB User
Re: arthritis after bunion surgery

I so sorry to hear that.
I agree with you. Not all but some of podiatrists, they are nightmare. I believe they only want to take money, they do not care about patients. The podiatrist that I saw first time, she jumped into the cortisone injection and alcohol injections for heel and neuroma pain (could be heal by doing taping or pading). Even, she gave wrong interspaced alcohol injections for neuroma. Some podiatrists just do surgeries or injections (cortisone or alcohol), if results were bad or more pain, they would blamed patients or they would say it would be something else causing problems and say more surgery or inejctions. Lawyer part, I was looking for lawyers to sue first podiatrist but, they do not want to take the case because even they won, they would take little money. There should be strong laws or rules for podiatrists to explain all the side effects and complications before doing surgery or injections.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2011, 05:24 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I am sorry for your problems. This is just one of the reasons why I always recommend a sports med ortho who is foot and ankle board certified instead of a podiatrist.

Old 08-06-2011, 05:49 PM   #4
(female)

mmiamor HB User

You are right. I want everybody to know about my horrible nonreversible experience so they do not make the mistake of going to a podiatrist because they just want to make money and make things worst.
I am so sad, I cannot stop crying and feeling guilty for making such mistake. If someone is reading these lines please do not have surgery, it won't fix your problems but make them even worst.
Thank you so much for your kind words.

Closed Thread