Ankle surgery possible??
Back in 2002, I twisted my ankle pretty bad and the MRI came back as
1. 100% Rupture of Anterior talofibular ligament
Off and on it has give me trouble and we did a second MRI in 2004 which showed:
1. Chronic Changes of healed anterior talofibular ligament tear
Now progressing to present. It has been giving me a lot of pain recently. It's not hurting all the times, but several times a day. I went to a foot specialist/surgeon and we did an MRI...results:
1. There may be mild tendinosis without evidence of tear of the left tibialis posterior tendon.
2. Paratendinitis of the Achilles tendon and posterior aspect of the flexor hallicis longus is suggested
3. Mild inflammation is seen in the sinus tarsi region.
4. Exam suggested midfoot valgus deformity without convincing evidence of abnormal signal or injury to the sprain ligament or cervical ligmanet.
He gave me an ankle brace to wear, a tens unit, steriods if needed, and said if it is not better in 4 weeks we might have to consider surgery to get it fixed all together. Does this sound reasonable? What concerns me is it is not hurting all the time, but is hurting some during the day...
Last edited by steveokla; 08-07-2011 at 08:31 AM.