It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
(female)

Twix HB UserTwix HB UserTwix HB User
Smile 9.5 weeks post op flat foot rec.

So I had flat foot reconstruction on my right foot about 9 and a half weeks ago and I thought I'd update you guys on my progress! I was walking around with one crutch today and when I went to try without any crutches.. I could do it! I admit there was a little bit of pain and a little limp but as I was walking around I noticed that the foot I DIDN'T have surgery on actually hurt much more than my recovering one! I had been feeling a little frustrated with my progress lately but I guess patience really is key
I just thought this board needed a little bit of good news and hopefully give somebody else hope who's feeling the frustration!

The following user gives a hug of support to Twix:
lightstepper (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

lightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB User
Re: 9.5 weeks post op flat foot rec.

Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel soooo good to bare weight again? Takes the pressure off the "good" foot.

Keep up the good work!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2011, 10:39 AM   #3
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightstepper View Post
Congratulations!! Doesn't it feel soooo good to bare weight again? Takes the pressure off the "good" foot.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks! It really does feel much better I thought I'd never get to this point..

The following user gives a hug of support to Twix:
roxygirl1 (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

swimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB User

Congrats! We seem to be hitting the same milestones...doc wants me to wait to go fwb until later this week, but I have been testing the waters w/o problems. I can't wait for start if pt on Thursday.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimbunnie View Post
Congrats! We seem to be hitting the same milestones...doc wants me to wait to go fwb until later this week, but I have been testing the waters w/o problems. I can't wait for start if pt on Thursday.
Oh wow, congrats to you, too!!

Old 08-07-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

Congratulations Twix. You have made it through the frustrating part of not being able to do alot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missyluke For This Useful Post:
Twix (08-07-2011)
Old 08-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #7
(male)

Soundofaviolin HB User

Congratz twix, you have ascended the next step to recovery. I'm 7.5 weeks post op and let me say. Even now my right foot hurts sometimes more than my surgery foot. I think it's cause of putting pressure on it so much. So it normal don't worry about it.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:07 PM   #8
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundofaviolin View Post
Congratz twix, you have ascended the next step to recovery. I'm 7.5 weeks post op and let me say. Even now my right foot hurts sometimes more than my surgery foot. I think it's cause of putting pressure on it so much. So it normal don't worry about it.
Thank you
I'm not worried about my left foot hurting so much because it's always like this, just a little more so lately because of the extra pressure. I'm just excited about how much less pain my recovering foot felt compared to the left one when they were bearing about the same amount of weight. It reassures me that the surgery was the right choice after all

Old 08-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
(male)

Soundofaviolin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Thank you
I'm not worried about my left foot hurting so much because it's always like this, just a little more so lately because of the extra pressure. I'm just excited about how much less pain my recovering foot felt compared to the left one when they were bearing about the same amount of weight. It reassures me that the surgery was the right choice after all
That's a great attitude. I'm sure I'll feel this way too, twix just a question I can't keep my bare foot down for more than 30 secs but with my cam walker on I can sit with my leg down for 2 hours. I think it's the fear of putting weight on my bare foot.do you feel this way? And happy recovery to the both of us!!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #10
(female)

Zoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB User

Quote:
So I had flat foot reconstruction on my right foot about 9 and a half weeks ago and I thought I'd update you guys on my progress! I was walking around with one crutch today and when I went to try without any crutches.. I could do it! I admit there was a little bit of pain and a little limp but as I was walking around I noticed that the foot I DIDN'T have surgery on actually hurt much more than my recovering one! I had been feeling a little frustrated with my progress lately but I guess patience really is key
I just thought this board needed a little bit of good news and hopefully give somebody else hope who's feeling the frustration!
Congrat! My tibial tendon transfer & subtalar fusion was 9 weeks ago, yesterday. I was never any good with crutches, unfortunately. I'm still using the walker but should be starting to use a cane soon. It'll be great to walk painfree. I'm still using an aircast. I didn't know if you are wearing shoes on both feet & using a crutch? Sounds as though you are doing very well....awesome! Zoeys Grammy

The Following User Says Thank You to Zoeys Grammy For This Useful Post:
dndd56 (08-13-2011)
Old 08-09-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
(female)

Soundofaviolin: Hmm I think I know what you're talking about. I feel more comfortable having my foot down when it's in the boot, probably because I feel like it's more protected that way. The idea of putting weight on my bare foot seems really foreign and kinda scary since it's still recovering, so I think having it down in the boot is a comfort thing because you are able to relax and not worry. Is that what you're talking about? Happy recovery to you, too!

Zoeys Grammy: Thank you! I hope you're recovery goes very smoothly and you are pain free soon! Right now I have my walking boot that I wear and I use crutches. I can comfortably walk wearing the boot and using only one crutch so my next step is to comfortably walk wearing the boot and not using any crutches. Once I hit that point, then I can wear tennis shoes on both feet with an aircast on the recovering foot for a few weeks. I'm getting closer to the point of walking normally and pain free without crutches I think..

Old 08-09-2011, 06:57 PM   #12
(female)

Zoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB User

i didn't put that message up (?) i can't use crutches...obviously a mixup
zoeys grammy

Old 08-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #13
(male)

Soundofaviolin HB User

Quote:
Soundofaviolin: Hmm I think I know what you're talking about. I feel more comfortable having my foot down when it's in the boot, probably because I feel like it's more protected that way. The idea of putting weight on my bare foot seems really foreign and kinda scary since it's still recovering, so I think having it down in the boot is a comfort thing because you are able to relax and not worry. Is that what you're talking about? Happy recovery to you, too!

Zoeys Grammy: Thank you! I hope you're recovery goes very smoothly and you are pain free soon! Right now I have my walking boot that I wear and I use crutches. I can comfortably walk wearing the boot and using only one crutch so my next step is to comfortably walk wearing the boot and not using any crutches. Once I hit that point, then I can wear tennis shoes on both feet with an aircast on the recovering foot for a few weeks. I'm getting closer to the point of walking normally and pain free without crutches I think..
Exactly twix , it's foreign and scary, oh and anther question(I never run out lol sorry if I'm bothering yOu too much) when I squeeze my pinky toe on my surgery foot and move it up with my hand it hurts a lot. Previously the toe was numb you think that's normal?

Old 08-10-2011, 07:17 AM   #14
(female)

Soundofaviolin, ever since the surgery when I move my pinky toe up it hurts as well, although I don't remember it being numb for any longer than the rest of my foot. I'm not really sure why it hurts when I move it up.. I'm not sure if your toe is experiencing the same type of pain as mine but if you're really concerned you could ask the foot doc or the pt! Your foot went through a lot of trauma so I'm suspecting that different areas are gonna be sore and troublesome for awhile. It definitely couldn't hurt to ask the doc about it.
Oh, and I don't mind you asking questions, I try to answer them the best I can!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #15
(male)

Soundofaviolin HB User

Quote:
Soundofaviolin, ever since the surgery when I move my pinky toe up it hurts as well, although I don't remember it being numb for any longer than the rest of my foot. I'm not really sure why it hurts when I move it up.. I'm not sure if your toe is experiencing the same type of pain as mine but if you're really concerned you could ask the foot doc or the pt! Your foot went through a lot of trauma so I'm suspecting that different areas are gonna be sore and troublesome for awhile. It definitely couldn't hurt to ask the doc about it.
Oh, and I don't mind you asking questions, I try to answer them the best I can!
Sorry for the late reply I was busy yeah that's what I was talking about and now the pain is gone I think it was from doing the exercise bike for the first time lol. Walking is slowly getting easier for me and I can't stand for long though I hve a sharp pain near y Achilles. The pt said it was normal cause that tendon holds up your leg and it was cut. Well that's it for now Happy Recovery

Closed Thread