It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
(female)

Twix HB UserTwix HB UserTwix HB User
Question SCAR (blood blister?) after surgery!

Hey guys! I've already asked the "Skin Problems" board about this but haven't received an answer so I thought it would be an a good idea to ask yall! I had surgery on my foot almost 10 weeks ago and one of my incisions healed with a red, raised area. My physical therapist said it looks like a blood blister and told me to ask my doc what he thinks about the possibility of him popping it. When I went to my foot doc for a check up he told me there's not really much to do about it except watch it.. Have you guys had any experience with this sort of thing? Do you think it will smooth flat on it's own? I'm putting mederma on it like the rest of the scar but I don't know how much that'll help if it's a blood blister. I've also attached a pic in case you guys care to take a gander to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scar2.JPG (38.4 KB, 11 views)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread