It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #1
(female)

basketballgirl3 HB User
tightening ligaments in left ankle

Hi I am 17 years old and I just found this new website. I am going to be a senior in this upcoming school year. I first sprained my left ankle sophomore year during basketball season, I wore tape for awhile but stopped after 2 weeks. Then coming into my junior year of basketball, one of my friends told me to wear a brace because I could tell my ankle was unsteady. Then in Junior year of soccer during the spring, I resprained my left ankle and was out for 4 days. I didn't go to the doctor and I started playing in games again, with my brace.
On July 9th I resprained my ankle the worse yet during aau basketball. it swelled up a lot and started to bruise after 4 days. It was disgusting and my coach kept me out for 2 weeks. Then I finally decided to go to an ankle doctor. She told me that I tore my ligament, and in order for it to be 100% I would need to get it tightened in surgery. She told me I could do it now or wait til next summer. But I can play on it because it can not get any worse. At first I chose to wait til next summer because coaches were looking at me for basketball for college. Now I am done with aau and want to do the surgery before high school basketball starts up.
My surgery is scheduled for august 18th and I am feeling uncertain about it. I would love if people could tell me about their experience with this surgery and how long the recovery was??? Also would it be bad if I went into my surgery with it swollen? Let me know!!! Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread