It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2011, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

runnerwriter HB Userrunnerwriter HB User
muscle twitching after OCD surgery

Hey everyone. Had the surgery yesterday and it went well. I guess. The block wore off in the middle of the night and thats so much fun! The lesion was deepr than he saw on the MRI and was not in the middle but on the side and was tricky he said. Also said it would be 3 months before he knew if it worked and said there was a 60 percent chance it would work. Huh? I didn't know that was going to be the case.

Main question. My left hand is tingling and my left arm has terrible muscle twitching and spasms that are not stop, keeping me from sleeping. I've called the doc but as I'm waiting to hear back, I'm going nuts. Is this common?

Old 08-11-2011, 10:02 AM   #2
(male)

LivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB UserLivesNearStore HB User
Re: muscle twitching after OCD surgery

Did you have an IV in your left arm, or is it possible they put you on your left side during the surgery? It's possible a needle hit an arm nerve, or you have a super case of arm-fell-asleep because you were lying on top of it for an hour. I don't know if it's common. If it was circulation, symptoms should ease over a few days. If a nerve got poked, maybe ease over a few weeks. Less likely is a allergic reaction to latex or iodine, but usually if that happens the skin there would be red, bumpy and itchy.

My doc said I won't know for sure about my OCD scoping success until 8-9 months after. Actually he said we can't get a useful MRI until 8-9 months later. No doubt we can evaluate the symptoms before that.

Edit: P.S. I did get a few spasms in my foot and lower leg in the 3 weeks after the surgery, mostly right after waking up and stretching. But you're asking about your arm...

Last edited by LivesNearStore; 08-11-2011 at 10:09 AM. Reason: added note about lower leg spasms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread