It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #1
(male)

Manifesto32 HB User
What Happens After Post Op Surgery for Flat Feet? Concern on Everyday activities

Hey Guys,

I've been recovering from my last flat foot surgery for up to six weeks, and luckily for me , I've been able to walk slowly. With my surgeries, they lengthen both of my achilles tendon using insertions individually, and insert implants to correct my arch(they already took them out). Looking into the future and for all those people luckily enough to fully recover from surgeries similar such as mine, specifically lengthening achilles tendon, were you guys able to recover most of your abilities to do things that you normally do? Where you able to play sports, run, or walk with little or no pain?

Little about me, I'm 21 and I'm still young and before my dealings and heartaches from flat feet, I was pretty involve in soccer and love being outdoors. My main concern is that my new lengthen achilles tendon will make me lose most of my athletic ability and I wont be able to do simple activities for a decent periods of time. Now, I'm not training to become the next Usain Bolt or anything, I just want to be able to do the things that I love since I was a kid.

Thanks.

Old 08-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: What Happens After Post Op Surgery for Flat Feet? Concern on Everyday activities

Honestly, each person is different and there are so many variables such as the actual proceedures, age of the person, oveall health etc etc. You may be best off sitting with your doctor and asking him what he feels your short and long term recovery will be like. I suspect that he will be able to give you the most accurate responses.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2011, 07:00 PM   #3
(female)

swimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB User
Re: What Happens After Post Op Surgery for Flat Feet? Concern on Everyday activities

I know how you feel. I'm 10.5 weeks post op and hoping to get back to training for a sprint triathalon once I'm recovered. I don't care if I have to walk the running portion but I do want to complete it.

Closed Thread