It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2011, 07:08 AM   #1
(female)

Tspooh HB User
Question Considering Bunion Surgery

Have been considering bunion surgery for quite a few years. Have had bunions for nearly 20 years (51 yrs old). Have never had surgery before and am terrified of needles, but I also do not want to be awake for the surgery!

My bunions are extremely bad - have them on both feet - and my toes are pointing inward. I have a lot of pain in my feet, legs and lower back. It is difficult to walk for long periods of time or long distances. I cannot even wear flats or casual dress shoes to work with slacks - I have to wear mesh athletic shoes all the time.

I was wondering if anyone has had both feet done basically at the same time. I have not yet seen a surgeon, but I wondered if I could have one foot done and then close to full recovery on that foot, go ahead and have the other foot done. I have over 13 weeks of sick time built up right now (mid August) but am considering doing this after Christmas so that I can have the winter months off work and don't have to make that drive during those months.

Has anyone done this before?? Also, realistically, what does the recovery involve and how successful is this surgery? I want to be able to go back to Zumba afterwards and do more walking -- my husband and I love to visit the Smoky Mountains and it is harder and harder for me to take the hikes to see waterfalls.

Any advice is appreciated! I am considering calling my doctor this week to get a recommendation of an orthopedic surgeon.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread