It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
(male)

Soundofaviolin HB User
My friend twix please answer, and others

Twix this question is specifically for you do you notice that when you walk without stretching first its more painful? I have transitioned to one crutch and I didnt stretch and my whole foot was screaming. But i went back and pressed my leg, loosened up the muscles and it was bearable. It is still painful to walk with one crutch but i assume thts normal since i have only been at it for 6 days.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
(female)

Twix HB UserTwix HB UserTwix HB User
Re: My friend twix please answer, and others

Hi!

Well when I first started walking with one crutch I did notice pain and if I rubbed and stretched and pressed, which definitely helped. It'll get better though! I'm now currently using no crutches and sometimes the back of my heal hurts and I have to stretch it real good to make it stop. There are also a couple other spots that hurt when I first start walking but after awhile they loosen up and feel better. I'd definitely try to prep your foot a little before walking around- it always helps me Your foot just has to get used to all of this. Good luck!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-18-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
(female)

indaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB User
Re: My friend twix please answer, and others

Just a suggestion assuming you are out of the boot-maybe warm up your foot with a moist type heating pad just when you wake up. Then stretch, massage, whatever.

Closed Thread