It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

eann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB User
6 1/2 months post op flat foot reconstruction

I'm 6 1/2 mo flat foot reconstruction and metatarsal fusion. Every time I take a deep breath or cough I get a stabbing pain on the top of my foot where I had the metatarsal fusion. XR and CT are fine. Has anyone experienced this?? This pain started when I went back to work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: 6 1/2 months post op flat foot reconstruction

I had the same thing - when I took a deep breath in I would get a sharp stabbing pain at my joint. My doctor thought there could be temporary nerve damage. He prescribed Lyrica which took about a week before it worked. I stayed on it for a couple of months then weaned off of it. For me, it was temporary and I have not had this problem anymore. It may be worth talking to your doctor about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

eann65 HB Usereann65 HB Usereann65 HB User

Thank you! You are the first person to say they have ever heard of this and now I know I am not crazy!!

Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

When I brought it up with my doctor, I really was afraid he would think I was crazy but he did not. He really took me seriously. Talk to your doctor, the Lyrica really helped me.

Closed Thread