It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
(female)

marydee52 HB User
stepped on non weight bearing foot

Hi everyone, How many people find this sight while looking for information. I had foot surgery on my right foot on 8/16 non weight bearing for now and guess what ?! I lost my balance and stepped down. Does that mean these last 10 days were for nothing. I go to the doctors monday morn for xrays but my stomach is in a knot right now. Has this happened to anyone else ?

Old 08-26-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
(female)

april1985 HB Userapril1985 HB Userapril1985 HB Userapril1985 HB User
Re: stepped on non weight bearing foot

Yes, this did happen to me about three days after having flat foot reconstruction. I was only in a splint at the time due to swelling. Luckily, the screws and bone staple held the bones that were broken during the surgery into place. It sure did hurt alot when it happend though!! Mine happend on a Friday so I didn't get in to the doctor until Monday morning so I know the knot in the stomach feeling. Hang in there and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2011, 06:10 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Well, what surgical procedure did you have? Unless it was something with a lot of work, pins, and other hardware it'll probably be OK.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:26 PM   #4
(female)

Twix HB UserTwix HB UserTwix HB User

The day after my surgery I was really nauseous and threw up rather violently (gross, I know) and it resulted in my jamming my foot into the ground HARD. then a day or two later my crutches slipped on water and I came down on it again, HARD. It was perfectly fine, even though each time hurt terribly. It should be fine, but you'll know for sure soon!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
(female)

Zoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB User

Hi,

We've all done it...not to worry. You definitely won't know until an xray but usually you are protected by the cast. Good luck to you. My surgery was June 6. You'll learn alot from this healthboard.

Zoeys Grammy

Old 08-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

More likely then not everything will be ok but it is good that you are going in for x-rays. I came down hard more than once post op and was fine. The doctor said that the splint and cast are there to protect the foot and usually do a great job in doing that.

Closed Thread