It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 11:04 PM   #1
(male)

jjgrant1220 HB User
Question Help with subtalar fusion surgery problems

I am 22 years old back in Nov 2007 I had a Subtalar fusion surgery on my right ankle, although the surgery and recovery was good I still have a lot of pain in my right foot. I do not know what to do the pain is getting worse with each passing month, it now hurts if I try to take a shower ( on a scale of 1-10 it is only a 3) but as the day progresses on the pain worsens by the time it is time to cook dinner it hurts to stand and to sit. I know my weight has something to to do with it but it hurts to walk for a period of time. The pain use to be so bad the it would hurt to walk to the restroom at night and I would have to craw, and I would have to be off my feet for 2 days before I could walk again without being in agony from the pain. If you have any questions please ask them I am saying this just because I did not know what to do the pain has started to affect my weight and my health and honestly it's starting to scare me, also any advice would be helpful/appreciated.if you need me to go more detail please post, Thank you

Last edited by jjgrant1220; 08-30-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
(male)

dexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB User
Re: Help with subtalar fusion surgery problems

You need to see your podiatrist!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #3
(female)

Tanith85 HB User

I'm due to have a subtalar fusion in 2 weeks after having a coalition removal a couple of years ago. I'm very anxious about the aftermath and recovery time as my recovery from my previous surgery was painful and very drawnout. I know this isn't answering your questions but I'd love to know what to expect. I havn't even really discussed it with my consultant and the next time I see him will be just before surgery, I don't even know what kind of cast I will wake up to find on my foot!

Old 09-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #4
(female)

Zoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB User

I had a subtalar fusion on June 6 & am still recovering.

I suggest that you see your surgeon or find a new orthopedic surgeon who specializes in ankle/foot surgery. Ask for an MRI if the doctor doesn't send you for one. An xray won't tell enough. Good luck to you.

Zoeys Grammy

Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #5
(male)

dexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB Userdexatech HB User

jjgrant,

It's been ten years since my surgery. I remember crawling to the bathroom also. Took me about 2 years to recover fully. Have been about 8 years pain free but now things are starting to catch up. What few patients realize is that no matter how good recovery from surgery, things(mostly Arthur) will catch up to them later. You may not realize it, but your body will compensate and put extra "work" on other joints and muscles in your foot and maybe your knees and back. I think that I am lucky that I was 50 when this happened and I will retire in a couple of years.

I am an optimistic person but based in reality. I can't help you with your present problem but would like to suggest to you to think about your future. Think about what to means to future work, sports, hobbies, etc..

I quit hiking after surgery and went back to school to get a job where I could stay off of my foot more. It has paid off for me, but I am glad I wasn't your age.

Think on this and I wish it works out for you.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #6
(female)

gumpa HB User

I would see orthopedist foot and ankle M.D. that is board certified(Orthopedist affiliated with a a sports team of medical school. Good luck....

Old 12-02-2011, 05:48 AM   #7
(female)

Hayley1986 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Help with subtalar fusion surgery problems

hello i had a Subtular fusion in June this year. It has not fused. Have you lad a second opinion that its fused correctly firstly incase this is uk problem

Closed Thread