It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
(female)

runnerwriter HB Userrunnerwriter HB User
Knee rollers are best invention ever!

I just had to post about my new best friend, the lovely knee roller/scooter! I rented one and it came today. (had OCD lesion surgery 3 weeks ago)

Already, for the first time in weeks, I got my own glass of water, washed my own glass, cleared the counter and got a snack!! I love this contraption more than anything! I'm sure I look like a total dork on it but it's amazing how low your dork standards fall when you are trapped for weeks with crutches.
I have about 4 more weeks of non-weight bearing. I can't use the roller on stairs or steps and it's pretty bulky to take places that you have to go in and out. But for around the neighborhood and in the house,,,LOVE IT!!
And the dog runs after me, all excited. Not sure if he should bark or hide. I got him a treat and it hit him that this was a new lease on life for him too!

Wow, I swear I'm not taking too much Lortab!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
(female)

swimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB Userswimbunnie HB User
Re: Knee rollers are best invention ever!

I totally agree...and for those who might be rolling on uneven surfaces there is an atv version. It's been a lifesaver for me as I got back to my farm chores.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
(female)

Zoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB UserZoeys Grammy HB User

I agree! I learned about the knee walker on this healthboard sight. My surgery was June 6. We rented it for 3 months & just returned it...not needing it anymore.

Good luck to all! Zoeys Grammy

Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User

When I had my foot surgery, the knee walker was a life saver when I was NWB. I put a pouch on the handlebars to carry small items. The company that I rented the knee walker from sold a cup holder that attaches to the handlebars for a nominal cost. It definitely made me less reliant on my husband!!!!!!!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:13 AM   #5
(female)

runnerwriter HB Userrunnerwriter HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxygirl1 View Post
When I had my foot surgery, the knee walker was a life saver when I was NWB. I put a pouch on the handlebars to carry small items. The company that I rented the knee walker from sold a cup holder that attaches to the handlebars for a nominal cost. It definitely made me less reliant on my husband!!!!!!!
Mind doesn't have a drink holder but I'm going to try to rig a baby stroller one and see if that works. It is the dependence on others that makes this surgery/recovery so mentally rough. The fact that I can now make my own bowl of cereal, fetch my own coffee, clean my own sink, makes all the difference in the world. I will never look at anything the same again.
I did have a hard time finding one in my area to rent. I considered buying one and then paying it off later by renting it out. But the liability issues and such were too much.

Closed Thread