It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #1
(female)

irena HB User
Angry Bunions and Hammer toes :o(

Hello!
I see the last post on this subject was in 2007, and it doesn't seem to have become any easier of an operation than everyone tells me it is, painful and long recovery. I have two opinions from surgeons, one to shave the bunion down, and the other to stay on my feet and not do it, due to my age and if he does he would put in the pin,
I should have done this years ago but couldn't take the time to do it, now the second toe is riding piggy back on my big toe most of the time and the others tucking under one another. How lovely ;o)
The other foot is not much better, and was suggested to do it three months later. Has anyone had this bunion/hammer toe thing done at the same time, or if you know of anyone has, and if so how did you or they fare.
Neither Dr's would do both together, and after reading another persons experiance, I dont think I will be doing it now. Any thought on this would be appreciated. Thank-you.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #2
(female)

colormiamor HB User
Angry Re: Bunions and Hammer toes :o(

[QUOTE=irena;4838418]Hello!
I see the last post on this subject was in 2007, and it doesn't seem to have become any easier of an operation than everyone tells me it is, painful and long recovery. I have two opinions from surgeons, one to shave the bunion down, and the other to stay on my feet and not do it, due to my age and if he does he would put in the pin,
I should have done this years ago but couldn't take the time to do it, now the second toe is riding piggy back on my big toe most of the time and the others tucking under one another. How lovely ;o)
The other foot is not much better, and was suggested to do it three months later. Has anyone had this bunion/hammer toe thing done at the same time, or if you know of anyone has, and if so how did you or they fare.
Neither Dr's would do both together, and after reading another persons experiance, I dont think I will be doing it now. Any thought on this would be appreciated. Thank-you.[/QUOTE]

Dont do it. I am having so much problems. I regret so much. I heard that the surgery is 50/50 and if you have a bad & greedy podiatrist like my is 0% success.

See an orthopedic in a hospital DON"T go to a podiatrist in a clinic. Don't go alone to consultations and if the doctor does not tell you about the contraindications, risks, and pain. See someone else.

I regret and there is nothing I can do because my podiatrist cut too much bone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread