It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
(male)

xxTJxx HB User
Question 19 year old with bunion

Hi,

I'm a 19 year old guy and a month or so ago I got a pair of new shoes that are a not as wide across the foot as the usual shoes I wear and yesterday I discovered I might have developed a bunion. It started to hurt a few weeks into my new shoes, but it's far from as bad as I see some people describe it, it only hurts when I'm out walking or jogging for a little while, and the only symptoms I got are the pain when walking(for a little while) and that the joint pokes out on the side of my foot a little bit. I have yet to see a doctor seeing as I didn't even notice the joint poking out until last night and the doctors office is closed today and tomorrow.

What should I do about this? I'd rather not have to wear specially fitted shoes etc at 19 and from what I've gathered it doesn't just go away if I start wearing better shoes again. I've just started losing weight and started to enjoy jogging, and if I won't be able to do that without pain I'll be majorly ****** off.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Oh, and is it OK for me to jog today or will it make the bunion worse?

Last edited by xxTJxx; 09-10-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Closed Thread