It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #1
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Post Lapidus Bunionectomy 6 wks...had a question

Hi There,

I had my Lapidus on both feet Aug. 5th. I went straight into a walking/buion shoe for both feet. NWB for a little while and then my surgeon said I could use my heels to walk and a walker and/or crutches.

I had my dressings off at 4wks (I was never in a cast or walking boot/cam boot).

Feet feel fine when they're up or I'm using my heels...minimal swelling when they are down or wearing tight socks under my bunion shoes.

I go back to the surgeon at 7 1/2 wks post-op (Sept. 28th) for another xray to check for fusion and when I emailed him to see if I should be putting full weight on the feet when I come to see him at his office, he said "yes" but never told me if I should wear the bunion shoe or a reg. tennis shoe?? I also asked him if he should not check my xray first before having me put full weight on my feet. He didn't respond to that email question.

I'm also wearing toe spacers for a month. My feet look great and the big toe is perfectly straight on both feet as well as bunions are gone. And reading similar posts, I too, at the age of 41 will be getting my first pedicure next spring and will get to wear sandals to show off my feet.

Thanks for any info/thoughts,etc.

BTW, I'm in Toronto, Canada and no PT has been recommended by my DR. I'm doing exercises on my own at home with the big toe. Left big toe has pretty good movement and more flexible than the right which is quite a bit more stiff.

Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread