It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2011, 09:36 PM   #1
(male)

asilva HB User
Heel pain after gastroc recession?

Hello All: I am new to this board. Three weeks ago I had a gastroc recession on my left foot/leg due to recalcitrant PF and heel pain. I walk fairly normally now, and do a lot of stretching. But my heel pain is as bad as ever...in fact, it's worse! I am wondering if anyone has had this experience, and how long it might take to get better. How long before I know if this worked, or if I need to try something else? Again, I was hoping for some relief after three weeks!

The following user gives a hug of support to asilva:
diame (09-13-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #2
(female)

9629 HB User
Re: Heel pain after gastroc recession?

I had gastroc release 12 days ago for pf and I feel like my heel pain is worse also. What does your doc say about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

9629 HB User

I had edoscopic gastroc recession on dec 9th. It had been 8weeks since my surgery and I am dealing with a lot of tightness and weakness in my calf. The more I move, the tighter my calf seems to get? The PF that I have had for 4 years is getting a little better but disappointed that I went through this and didn't get 100% pain free results. And now i am dealing with other complications. Has anyone else had this tightness I am talking about? And does it go away eventually?

Old 04-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
(male)

garyo HB User

I had a gastroc rec. in sept and come out of the cast and boot before Christmas. The day i came out of the boot i told my doctor that the pain was worst than before surgery. He suggested giving it until the spring before i fully made a decision. It took until early march and suddenly i realized the pain was gone, gradually. I put my self back out on the tennis courts and sure enough, some pain, some ice , the next day less pain and little ice, less pain and with committed stretching program, my heel has at a minimum 80 to 85% relief. It take time and patientce but it works if you start strethching it some.

Closed Thread