It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
(female)

PinkEarthMama HB UserPinkEarthMama HB User
Tips for Coping with Ankle Pain?

I had arthroscopic debridement on my right ankle Aug 31. Doctor said the cartilage looked okay, but that the ligaments were *shot*. My next appointment with her is oct 22.

I am in an incredible amount of pain. After falling in the shower ( how embarrassing! ) on Saturday, the back up doc put me in a boot. I am on my feet a lot with 6 kids in the house all day.

By evening, even the Tylenol 3 is NOT helping at all. I ice, ice, ice, stretch, etc and do the exercises recommended by PT. But by the time I'm ready for bed, it is excrutiating.

Any magical tips or tricks? My surgery isn't likely to be for several weeks.

The following user gives a hug of support to PinkEarthMama:
lightstepper (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Tips for Coping with Ankle Pain?

Something anti-inflammatory, either pills like Advil or a topical treatment. In the US, all the NSAID topical treatments are prescription only. I know in other countries this isn't necessarily the case, don't know about Canada.

There's Voltaren gel and a few others. Much more effective than pills, really, because so much medicine gets into the ligaments.

The Following User Says Thank You to janewhite1 For This Useful Post:
PinkEarthMama (09-16-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread