It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
(female)

northhillgal HB User
Heel pain

7 months ago while on vacation I was doing a lot of walking. The first day I noticed my heel was sore. I was wearing flat sandals. The pain continued to progress and continues today. I found if I wear "shape up" type shoes with high arches that helps as it lifts my heel off the floor and distributes my weight to other areas of my foot.

I find if I do much walking and especially if I stand for any period of time, it bothers me more.

Any suggestions? I have not gone to a doctor and when it really bothers me I will take an over the counter pain medication for a few days which helps somewhat.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:00 AM   #2
(female)

lightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB Userlightstepper HB User
Re: Heel pain

Sounds like plantar fasciatiis to me. I've had that. Got so bad it felt like I was walking on shards of glass. Horrible. Make sure you wear good, supportive shoes. They may give you an arch support orthodic which will help. I eventually had to have a procedure called "wet needling" where they stab you in the tendon 35 times to injur the area (bring blood into it for better healing) while injecting cortisone. Sounds icky, but I was immediatly out of that horrible pain and it has lasted ever since. Whatever works right?

Best of luck to you! I know what it is like to have pain with every single step.

The Following User Says Thank You to lightstepper For This Useful Post:
northhillgal (09-17-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

Wearing better footwear would be a thought. At some point you may need to decide between cute and pain free.

Trying rolling your foot on a frozen water battle or golf ball if its pf.

The Following User Says Thank You to Zerk For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2011, 04:24 PM   #4
(female)

PinkEarthMama HB UserPinkEarthMama HB User

Is the pain under the bottom of your foot, or on the sides of your heels?

The Following User Says Thank You to PinkEarthMama For This Useful Post:
Old 09-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #5
(female)

northhillgal HB User

I try to only wear footwear with good arch support. I have found that every time I try to go for "cute" and wear something that looks good with what I am wearing, rather than something with a high arch support I suffer for weeks afterwards. I cannot wear footwear UNLESS it has arch support, I cannot wear any type of heals without increasing my pain.

I thought this would eventually go away, but it hasn't.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
(female)

northhillgal HB User

Thanks Lightstepper! This could very well be my problem. I don't recall injuring it, just that it started hurting as I was walking through the airport on my vacation. Unfortunately I didn't have good shoes with me, just sandals so that likely made it worse. I do know as along as I wear shoes with good arch support the pain is tolerable. It is when I forget and slip on flip flops that I pay for it for days.

Old 09-17-2011, 06:54 PM   #7
(female)

northhillgal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkEarthMama View Post
Is the pain under the bottom of your foot, or on the sides of your heels?
The pain is the bottom of my heel.

Closed Thread