Update on MRI
I went back to my ortho doc for the results of the MRI. Did not show anything significant. Showed achielles tendinopathy in both ankles, plantar facitis is both ankles, ortheoarthitis (midfoot) yep - both ankles and a lesion in the talar dome of my right ankle (small). Doctor was concerned about the continued swelling at peroneal tendon of foot I had surgery. Gave me a cortisone shot in the tendon sheath to see if it helps with swelling and pain. If it does not last, he wants to scope it next month. Also got a cortisone shot in the right ankle joint to try to calm down the achiness there.
I asked him about my right foot's falling arch and pain associated with it. I was a little worried because several weeks ago he checked it out and my ankle now rolls in and I have the "two many toes" sign from the back. He said the fall really exacertabed the problem. I was hoping to hold off on surgery there for several years (not realistic, I know). He pressed on the tendon and said with the pain I have there that I will need the surgery much sooner then I think. I was hoping to hold off until I could not do a single toe raise. He explained that this is only one component and that I have to let the pain decide when it is time. If I hold off to long my foot will become rigid and then I will run out of options. I really am not ready to repeat this surgery but I am also tired of both ankles hurting at this point. I feel like I have gotten use to having a certain amount of pain in the last several years and not sure when it will be enough for me to decide to have surgery. Is is when I am really limping bad and continually?