It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Some pain in ball of foot when FWB, post Lapidus 6wks,2days

Hi There,

So I started some weight bearing walking w/walker (6 wks, 2 days post op) as I had bi-lateral Lapidus bunionectomies.

I am feeling no pain whatsoever in the left foot, but I am feeling some pain when I put full pressure on the right foot around the ball of the foot near the bottom of the big toe as well (I have two screws lower down near the arch of the foot).

Has anyone else experienced this type of pain, post Lapidus? Also, do you think sometimes it may just take longer for one foot to heal as opposed to the other?

I don't see my DR. for another ten days. I guess I am just looking for some reassurance.

TIA,
Nicole

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
(male)

j9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB User
Re: Some pain in ball of foot when FWB, post Lapidus 6wks,2days

In almost 100% of bilateral bunions surgeries, including lapidus, one foot will feel better faster than the other. This is because no two surgeries are exactly the same and weight distribution is never even between both sides. Pain in the ball of the foot is not uncommon because most lapidus procedures will also have soft tissue releases at the head of the metatarsal.

In the big picture, a typical lapidus procedure can take 4 months or more until normal activities are resumed. Since you are only 6 weeks out, I wouldn't worry too much about the different pains you are having especially since you just started bearing weight. It is way too early to know the ultimate outcome of your surgery. After any surgery you will have good days and bad days. Just stick with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
(female)

Nicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB UserNicole K HB User
Re: Some pain in ball of foot when FWB, post Lapidus 6wks,2days

Quote:
Originally Posted by j9879 View Post
In almost 100% of bilateral bunions surgeries, including lapidus, one foot will feel better faster than the other. This is because no two surgeries are exactly the same and weight distribution is never even between both sides. Pain in the ball of the foot is not uncommon because most lapidus procedures will also have soft tissue releases at the head of the metatarsal.

In the big picture, a typical lapidus procedure can take 4 months or more until normal activities are resumed. Since you are only 6 weeks out, I wouldn't worry too much about the different pains you are having especially since you just started bearing weight. It is way too early to know the ultimate outcome of your surgery. After any surgery you will have good days and bad days. Just stick with it.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond to my post. I really appreciate it.

Closed Thread