It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

runnerwriter HB Userrunnerwriter HB User
scar tissue pain after OCD talus drilling?

Sorry to keep asking so many questions! I just came back from the 7 week post op visit, all excited about getting to start gradual weight bearing.
(OCD talus, drilling) Anyway, in PT a few days ago, the therapist barely touched the scar and I almost choked the life out of her. (not really,,,but I did shriek)
She said I needed to be massaging the scar blah blah blah. So, when I saw the doc today, he put his hand on the scar and I truly did almost faint.
(I'm natural childbirth woman so this is SUPER DUPER pain)
He said if I didn't get that scar tissue broke up I'd be back in the OR. Wrote lydicane patches and Lyrica.
I don't even know what to google on this fresh hell. I put the patch on and I can't touch it over the patch. WTH?
Anyway, if anyone can give me some suggestions as to what this is all about, I would be very appreciative. OR at least tell me where to look?
Thanks!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB Userkimberp HB User
Re: scar tissue pain after OCD talus drilling?

Hello, fellow OCD'er here

I hate to agree with your OS and I know it is hard but you need to massage and desensitize the scar, otherwise it will be another surgery to release it.
I am going through something similar, had 5 surgeries since my failed drilling (sorry, was trying to avoid telling you that) but I have a moral to my story... Scar tissue can lead to more surgeries and more nerve issues so please do what you can now.

I too just got off of Lyrica, on it since April - just be careful with it. It worked great on nerve pain but the other side effects were awful and coming off of it was an unpleasant month and I weaned off correctly.

Good luck ... I feel your pain (literally) and am sorry you are going through this.

The Following User Says Thank You to kimberp For This Useful Post:
runnerwriter (09-24-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread