It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
(female)

davlin75 HB User
Stabbing Pain in top of 4th Toe

I fell & broke me left ankle 4 years ago 9/13/07. I have a lot of scar tissue in my foot on the inside, top & bottom & my foot always feels real tight. My real problem is that I have a sharp stabbing pain on the top of my toe (4th toe I guess) next to my little toe. Sometimes it will go for periods of time & not hurt but then like last night it kept me awake all night because of stapping sharp pains. Will a heating pad help this? I don't think it is Mortons Neuroma because the pain is on the top of my toe? Any ideas what it could be other than damaged nerves maybe from my surgery? I have a lot of numbness in my foot since my surgery & I have 14 screws & a plate in my left ankle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
(male)

j9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB Userj9879 HB User
Re: Stabbing Pain in top of 4th Toe

The stabbing pain you are experiencing can most definitely be related to your ankle injury. With any ankle injury, injury to the surrounding nerves is expected. If it was a neuroma located between the 5th and 4th toes, it would most often present as pain behind the toes with some shooting pain or numbness.

The first thing you have to look at is any injury to the 4th toe. When a toe hurts the most logical explanation is locally and not from the ankle. Did you injure your toe recently? Does it hit or rub on your shoes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 05:54 PM   #3
(female)

davlin75 HB User
Re: Stabbing Pain in top of 4th Toe

No I have never had any kind of injury to any of the toes on that foot. I know I have a lot of nerve damage on the top of my foot from my toe up to my ankle because I have a lot of numbness. I don't have any soreness on the bottom of my foot near this toe. I don't have any shoes that rub my toe. All I know is that it hurts. It keeps me awake all night sometimes & it constantly pains.

Closed Thread