It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

armykat HB User
4 days post-bunionectomy

Hi Everyone,

I just had my second bunionectomy performed (my first was about 3 1/2 years ago on my right foot) and think I must have forgotten how tough this recovery could be! I even went back and read my old posts from my first surgery and they don't seem so bad.

The night of the surgery and the following day were of course really painful. I was taking vicodin and ibuprofen regularly (despite the nurse's insinuation that I was abusing the vicodin....she didn't want me to take it "so often", i.e., every 6 hours...grrrr!) for those two days, but yesterday I was down to just ibuprofen every 4-5 hours. I'm still hobbling around on crutches, but my foot started getting very achy last night, along with "pins and needles" sensations everywhere. This morning I woke up with a bit more pain and a lot of swelling, plus the pins and needles. I'm back on the ibuprofen and elevation/ice regimen and hoping it will get better. Of course, today is my first day by myself, so it give me plenty of time to think about worse case scenarios.

Can I get some moral support from my bunion-cursed peers? Does this all sound familiar?

Carin

Closed Thread