It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
(female)

Boxersrus HB User
2011 Triple Arthrodesis...need someone to share info

I had a triple Arthrodesis & heel cord lengthening may 16, 2011... Was in a soft cast 2 wks.. Hard cast 8wks... Then a boot... A tiny place at the incision line outer ankle did not heal properly... Spent 3 wks on awound vac... Almost completely healed now... Using aquacel till it closes completely... I am not a diabetic... Go figure... I am currently in a boot walking very little w a walker... Unable to use crutches... My Ortho says the fusions are 100% complete & my X-rays look fabulous... That because my foot was such a mess it's going to take time to push through this pain... I had foot drop from an auto accident years ago & my foot was completely rolled over ... Arch completely collapsed.. Dr rebuilt arch, removed bone spurs, completely straightened my foot! It's amazing to look at... All my pain is on the outside of my foot round the ankle .. A little in the bend of foot, & outer side of heel... It is excruciating. Ortho says it's because I haven't walked correctly for so long that it will get better & I will be so happy I hAd the surgery. I live for that day!! As of now I'm still not able to work & sick of being at home ... I want my daily grind back!!!! I started therapy back last week.. Therapist says it will come.. I need encouragement from someone who has recently had this procedure ... Most posts I've found are from yrs ago... Just want someone to compare notes w/ thanks!

The following user gives a hug of support to Boxersrus:
Flaubert (09-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2011, 10:44 AM   #2
(male)

Flaubert HB User
Re: 2011 Triple Arthrodesis...need someone to share info

Well, I haven't been in a operation, but I know what it is to abruptly halt your... you know, daily grind, as you say. I'm normally a very active person, but it's almost 4 weeks since I can't walk, and I haven't went out except to go the doctor...

I've had a lot of sprains, and in my personal experience, the more eager you are to get back on track, the more prone you are to take more time to recover. And that is because you might want to put pressure on the whole healing process and end up overdoing your body at PT, or at home, or something.

Well, I don't know, I just wanted to say I sort of know how you feel! Sometimes healing takes time =)

Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
(female)

Boxersrus HB User
Re: 2011 Triple Arthrodesis...need someone to share info

Thanks so much! You're probably right, they say it is a very long recovery ..hope you get along well in yours!

Closed Thread