It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
(female)

Hurtfoot HB User
Please help-weird pain on top of foot

I am hoping someone can help with this. I had my stitches out yesterday 15 days post bunionectomy and hammertoe surgery. On the top of my foot, midway, I have this awful pain when I am wearing the boot. My pod yesterday said it was from the pressure of the tight bandage which is now removed. Well, I still have this pain. It's almost as if when I touch it with my hand it hits a nerve???? He said it was swelling, tight bandage etc and would go away with advil, ice, etc.

I am also sooo discouraged at how uncomfortable I still am. I will be NWB for minimum of 8 weeks and I'm only down 2. I knew the recovery would be long but i didn't realize how painful it would still be at this point. When does the pain start to diminish? I honestly wish I'd never done this, the pain from the bunion seems mild now compared to this recovery. I think I am also frustrated because it's my youngest child's 6th birthday today and I can't even do anything fun with her. Ugh. Anyone else feeling this way? Sorry to rant just feeling down about this whole thing...

Closed Thread