It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
(male)

lMarc HB User
Big Toe Fungus/Blister?

http://i40.tinypic.com/10n524i.jpg

Hi guys, i have this disgusting thing on my big toe, though it may look like a growth, its not. It does not hurt either. It started out as excess skin piling up there because of tight shoes, then i began to remove the excess skin by using a blade or something, then it over the months, it began to look like this. Its very disgusting and ugly, someone please advise

Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Big Toe Fungus/Blister?

A corn? I'd go see a podiatrist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
(male)

containscatechi HB User
Re: Big Toe Fungus/Blister?

I think I have the exact same thing except that I have it on the tops of both big toes. My dad, who is a physicians assistant insists it's a callous, but it gets thicker regardless of what shoes I am wearing and there is no friction there to my knowledge.

In any case (whatever it is) I have been using Curad Mediplast (for calluses, corns, and warts) with a lot of success. The pads are adhesive on one side with 40% salicylic acid and fabric on the other and you can cut it to whatever shape you need, which in my case is a narrow rectangle across the top of both big toes. I put Medipore tape over it so that it would stay in place and not stick to my socks. I left it in place and checked it after three days. The red excess skin had turned entirely white and the majority of the excess layers peeled off easily without any cutting. I let it heal for a couple of days and some redness returned but it is more pink than red and not elevated above the rest of the skin. I am applying a second treatment and I plan to leave it on for at least four days. I will see what happens. I went online out of curiosity to see whether anyone else had it, and if it had a name. But this is probably the best way to treat it without seeing a doctor. IF YOU ARE A DIABETIC THOUGH, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS TREATMENT. Also I'm not a dermatologist or podiatrist and my only medical training is a RN degree.

Closed Thread