It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2011, 10:01 AM  
(female)

lilwendy HB User
Help- can't stop curling and flexing my feet

For the past two years my feet have been involuntarily flexing and curling, my feet up on their toes (like barbies), my big toe curled up, my toes scrunched in like they are trying to grip the floor. My feet ache from this, the muscles are so sore, I cannot stop it.

Does anyone else have this? Does anyone know what causes it?

Thanks!

Wendy

Old 11-19-2011, 02:13 PM  
(female)

Leegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB UserLeegh HB User
Re: Help- can't stop curling and flexing my feet

I've had something similar to this about once a month for the last year. It always happens shortly after I get on my bed and my legs are lying flat on the bed. The toes on my right foot will involuntarily move in a downward position on their own for about 30 seconds (it's alarming to see them moving on their own). I have no pain though. I'm starting to get it on my left foot as well, but mostly it's on my right foot. I have no idea what could cause this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2011, 05:03 PM  
(female)

lilwendy HB User
Re: Help- can't stop curling and flexing my feet

About 5 months ago I had rapid leg movements in bed. It came most every night in some form, along with anxiety and maybe even crying. At times I would have a panic attack. I take Lamicatal 100MG, 2 pills at bedtime, Prozac 20MG once a day, vyvanse 40MG or adderall 20MG 2 times a day, and wellbutrin 100MG, 2 pills at bedtime. I also have a thyriod condition called Graves Disease. This past summer I had a Grand Mal Seizure, which was a fluke but unbelievably scary. I also had my appendix ruture when I was 16, and along with the graves disease I seem to have this auto-immune thing going on. So anyway- that is my health in a nutshell, As far as my feet go, my left foot is usually lifted, my toes all lifted to the ceiling even the ball of my foot going up, the tendon that goes across the top of my big toe is very prominent, and gets very sore and tired. My right foot moreso goes down- scrunching all my toes in and under - and of course my left foot will also do this. Anyone have any similarities?

An interesting read right? hah

Thanks, Wendy