It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
(female)

armykat HB User
Need encouragement -- 10 weeks post-bunion

Hi All,

I'm shamelessly venting and looking for a bit of encouragement and support. I'm just about 10 weeks post-Austin bunionectomy. Recovery has been going pretty well so far. I saw the surgeon for our last visit at week 8 and he was happy with everything. I've started jogging again and can get past a mile before things start really hurting. I always have a mild, dull ache, but I have felt on the road to recovery..until yesterday. I really went overboard with the holiday -- walked the mall for hours on Black Friday, then another hour+ around NYC yesterday. Dumb dumb dumb! I am in so much pain today and really paying the price for yesterday's stupidity.

Feel free to offer either words of encouragement or confirmation of my stupidity.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User
Re: Need encouragement -- 10 weeks post-bunion

It is so easy to overdo it when our feet feel ok. By the time we realize we might be overdoing it, it is to late. Hopefully you are elevating and icing your foot. This is a little set-back but it is one we have all made. Can you rest it and elevate it today? Sounds like it is what your foot needs. Hang in there, there is just a bump in the road. It should feel better in a day or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to Missyluke For This Useful Post:
armykat (11-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

armykat HB User

Thanks, Missy. I am feeling quite a bit better today, but trying to learn from my mistakes and not overdo it...again! I'm elevating it all day today at work. Thanks for your support. I'm typically very active, and it has been really hard to limit myself. I know that's something that many people on this board can relate to!

Thanks again.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Missyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB UserMissyluke HB User

Yeah, many of us have been there and are still there! The recovery process is so full of ups and downs but it will get better with time.

Closed Thread