It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #16
(male)

mcelsnoot HB User
Re: Very scared to have fallen arch surgery

May I ask if you had your surgery with Dr. Myerson and if so, what comments you could offer. I am planning on seeing him soon and am trying to decide on whether to have surgery. My situation seems to be getting worse quicker than I anticipated which sounds like what you have experienced. Thank you.

Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #17
(male)

mcelsnoot HB User

May I ask what doctor you used at HSS and what your experience was with him? thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #18
(female)

doggiewalkersha HB User

I chickened out again. I went for a 3rd opinion. The new Dr I went to see suggested to get a new Arizona brace made. My old one is 2+ years od and I started having pain while wearing it. The new Dr suggested trying to buy some more time since I am in my mid 40's. The feeling is tendon transgers started being done in early 90's. The tendons have lasted tis far but thet do not know if they will last a lefetime. Because I am in my mid 40's, she would hate to see me have to have another surgery in my 70's. I am going to try the new brace for 2 months. If I don't have any relief, I will have surgery in summer. I did not see the Dr you mentioned. Hope this helps. I also feel like my foot is getting worse quickly but am still afraid of the surgery.

Old 01-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User

I used Dr. Deland. Both Dr. Ellis and Deland do lots of these surgeries with a decent success rate. I don't know about Myerson

The Following User Says Thank You to roxygirl1 For This Useful Post:
mcelsnoot (01-10-2012)
Old 01-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #20
(female)

NY mary HB User

I had fallen arch surgery two summers ago, and had the other one last week (recovering). So far I am liking the winter better for recovery. Like you, I also have 2 kids. I am finding the routine of the school day is easier than the bedlam of summer with kids, there are actually less demands as a mom because there is time alone during the day to rest. And I found that in summer I resented missing out on all the fun...now, I am just hibernating...so don't hestitate!

Old 01-10-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
(female)

doggiewalkersha HB User

It is the surgery for poserior tibial tendon disorder which is a result of flat feet. They transfer a tendon to replacece the one that does not work anymore, break the heet so they can put back in the correct position, and if needed lerthen the achilles tendon. This disoder caused the arc to fall and changes the shape of your foot, leg and causes alot of pain.
It sounds horrible when you think of it!

Closed Thread