It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 07:42 AM   #1
(male)

AnkleProbs HB User
medial ankle snapping, thinking PTT problem

Hi everyone. I am having a hard time with walking and experiencing painful snapping near the medial malleolus. The podiatrist and ortho people don't think too much of it, but it is greatly limiting my mobility (to the point where I'm filing for disability because my supervisors want me to get help). The snapping is most likely the posterior tibialis tendon as it passes by the bone. I'm wondering if my retinaculum isn't holding it in place and that's why it is snapping?

This all started with a minor soccer incident, getting my lower leg twisted out. Then i started walking funny, with a bit of limp. Then over time, my ankle started this snapping nonsense and hurting, causing me to limp more.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
(female)

indaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB Userindaslot HB User
Re: medial ankle snapping, thinking PTT problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkleProbs View Post
Hi everyone. I am having a hard time with walking and experiencing painful snapping near the medial malleolus. The podiatrist and ortho people don't think too much of it, but it is greatly limiting my mobility (to the point where I'm filing for disability because my supervisors want me to get help). The snapping is most likely the posterior tibialis tendon as it passes by the bone. I'm wondering if my retinaculum isn't holding it in place and that's why it is snapping?

This all started with a minor soccer incident, getting my lower leg twisted out. Then i started walking funny, with a bit of limp. Then over time, my ankle started this snapping nonsense and hurting, causing me to limp more.
Hi. It is quite rare, but it IS possible to dislocate your PTT. I see a foot and ankle ortho and suggest this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ankle, medial, pttd, snapping