It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
(female)

missyc75 HB User
Re: Posterior Tibial Tendon Reconstruction with Osteotomy INFO PLEASE! Sugery Feb 9

the pain is mostly in the heal and above the scar from the new tendon that was put in. How far out are you? How are you feeling and what are your limitations? I had a positive attitude up until this week and I feel that now I am probably trying to do too much but really I just want to walk normal again, I have been dealing with this since I fell and broke my tib and fib in December 2010. My original doctor reset it then I had surgery and had plates and screws put in then for the next year I was in constant pain and my doctor said that was the best I was going to get and I sought a second opinion and found out that I had a torn posterior tibiallis tendon that the first doctor missed. I have researched it and the torn tendon almost always happens with the type of spiral fractures I had so I think I am back on the right path but its just frustrating ya know I will never run again or be normal I am only 37 and this bites! I a a very active person!

Old 04-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

roxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB Userroxygirl1 HB User
Re: Posterior Tibial Tendon Reconstruction with Osteotomy INFO PLEASE! Sugery Feb 9

I am 20 months poist op ptt repair, calcaneal/cotton osteotomy, tendon transfer, gastroc recession. I am doing great. I am able to go about my activites pretty much forgetting about my foot. My doctor said that I should try to avoid high impact activities because the repaired tendon will never be as strong as the origional. I was walking in my boot PWB at 68 days. At first when I was fwb, it hurt to take more than ten or fifteen steps. The PT did graston to break up scar tissue and it made a huge difference. Recovery is long a frustrating but in my case it gave me my life back

The Following User Says Thank You to roxygirl1 For This Useful Post:
missyc75 (04-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
(female)

frankenfoot HB User

Hello,
My last post was 11-10 when I was recovering from my first flat foot reconstruction which was on 10-25-10. I quit posting but was recently reading and decided to jump back in. My experience has been one of the horrible ones. Not in terms of having a bad doctor, but just having bad feet and one of the people who is going to have a complication no matter what. As I write this, I am recovering from my 7th surgery since the first in October 10. The first surgery was a flat foot reconstruction with the standard 4 procedures. In January of 11, the repaired tendon ruptured and was fixed. In March of 11, there was considerable pain with a nerve and i had nerve release surgery in June of 11. Things were ok but my foot continued to pronate and hurt. I had an MRI done and found that the PT tendon was continuing to tear. Together, my doc and I decided to undergo another surgery with 4 more procedures. That has been good...no complications. In December of 11 the other foot decided it had enough and the PT tendon ruptured. I had reconstruction surgery done on that foot Feb 4th. The foot was healing well except the tendon...still having a lot of pain there. Told my Dr. I thought it was tearing. Just had surgery on that area again and he found nerve entrapment and a huge amount of scar tissue which he removed. During all of this, last August in the pre-Op appt, my family doctor found that my thyroid was enlarged, had a biopsy and it was not good. We went to Mayo Clinic where I had my thyroid and parathyroid removed but it turned out to be non cancerous. I am writing to tell you that all medical journeys are not fun. Some of us have quite a battle and some recover without incident. I am blessed with a wonderful, compassionate Doctor who is doing his best to make my feet better, an incredible husband who has endured 6 rounds of non weights bearing and a cancer scare with me, and friends both old and new who I have grown to love even more. The moral of my story is not to be scared, but to keep your head held high, and roll with the punches. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, sometimes you have to wait a while before you see it. You will learn a lot about yourself along the way and find that you are a lot stronger than you think!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: frankenfoot
Fenn11 (05-13-2012), LoriLynnB (05-14-2012), roxygirl1 (05-13-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to frankenfoot For This Useful Post:
Fenn11 (05-13-2012)
Closed Thread