It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
(male)

DenverG HB User
Heel and Ankle Question...

I fell, broke my heel in October 11. Had 3 screws put in and have been weight bearing for about 2 months now, probably a month with no walking boot or anything.

My doctor said the joint looked good and I should have normal function restored to my foot. I'm walking now without any pain most of the time, however, my ankle still isn't strong enough to propel me, so I'm limping a little, have to be careful going up or down stairs because of the foot bending.

How long can I expect that to be the case? Is it common to have that issue with the ankle? I know that side to side movement is sometimes hindered, but I thought the forward to back movement would be okay??

Thanks in advance...

Old 02-09-2012, 05:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User
Re: Heel and Ankle Question...

In physical therapy we spent some time on walking properly. Atrophy reduced alot of your muscle in those three months. I remember how creepy my legs looked.

I can push off for walking, but I cannot lift myself on one leg. But lots of people can. The extent of the injury varies.

I would say practice stepping off, not all the time, and work on calf raise. Other then that you just have to wait it out and hope for the best. Sounds like you are doing pretty good though.

Are you going to physical therapy? It probably the best thing you can do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ankle, calcaneous, fracture, heel