It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

Pricey1984 HB User
Unhappy broken ankle six weeks post surgery getting calf pain

Hi ,

I broke my ankle 6 weeks ago and have had surgery to insert plates and screws,

I have been in a cast for 4 weeks no weight bearing and now I have been in a walking boot still no weight bearing for nearly 2 weeks,

I have recently been getting bad pains in my calf feels like I've done a work out on it and it's aching like mad I am needing to take pain relif in order to get rid of this pain.

I am concerned it could be DVT but my doctor assures me as I was using two weeks of heparin injections and I don't seem to be showing the symptoms of DVT. My calf is not swollen and it's not hot to touch its the same as my other calf.

Has any one else been in this situation and can advise me if it's normal to be getting this pain I have been a little more active this week and I have had my leg down for long periods of time whilst I've been working.

Any advise would me appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: broken ankle six weeks post surgery getting calf pain

Hi, it could be tendonitis, I had that after achilles reconstruction after I was pwb for about 2 weeks and could NOT get rid of it. Took 2 rounds of PT and water PT (mostly water walking) to get rid of it. Evidently the tendon and the calf muscle join right there in the calf area and can cause the tendonitis. This is just my guess. Ice helped me but ask your Doc about applying the ice. CJ

The Following User Says Thank You to noevr For This Useful Post:
Pricey1984 (02-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #3
(female)

loolee HB User

Hi Just curious, comea across your post and it sounded very similar to my experience ... i did end up with DVT and was told the same as you, were you ok?

Old 09-08-2012, 04:38 AM   #4
(male)

Pricey1984 HB User

Hi,

Thankfully it was not DVT is was just a case of very sore tendons but it was very painful and I had to take pain killers to kill the pain.

Old 09-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #5
(female)

loolee HB User

thats good news, sounds very painful & i think you were right to be concerned & get it checked out! glad your ok.

Old 09-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #6
(female)

Iloverockmusic HB UserIloverockmusic HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pricey1984 View Post
Hi,

Thankfully it was not DVT is was just a case of very sore tendons but it was very painful and I had to take pain killers to kill the pain.
Glad to hear it wasn't DVT!!! It was good that you had it checked out-just to be on the safe side.

Closed Thread