It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

Lani85 HB User
Has anyone Had sunbtalar arthoereisis

I am in the processes of researching for an appeal for my insurence to approve this.
And now i am second guessing. There is really nothing helpful that I have found. I found alot of things that say its not helpful,The success rate is low, The chance of having to have it removed is high.

My offical diagnosis is Subtalar joint varus. When i am Nwb I have a nice high arch but when i am weigh bearing i pronate tremendously and ahve significant rotational torque on the knee.

I am in alot of pain from my lower back down. Im 23 years old and its gotten to the point where i cant even enjoy my life. My husband and son go out to play and i just sit off the the side because its so painful to stand. and since im on my feet at all day at work I need anychance i can sit.

So has anyone had an implant? did you go another option that helped instead.
I am going for a second opinion next week to see if this dr has any other suggestions since my dr only suggested the implant.
I currently have over compensated orthodics and those use to help but have limited me to one pair of shoes for the last 4 years.

I will take any advice,thoughts, anything because i just feel so stuck and cant seem to fine any kind of answers.

Thanks

The following user gives a hug of support to Lani85:
aimers11 (02-18-2012)
Old 02-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

aimers11 HB User
Re: Has anyone Had sunbtalar arthoereisis

Although I have no idea what that is, I do know what it's like to go through that kind of frustration. I would however think long and hard about having a foot surgery if the success rate isn't very high. I had a mass removed from the bottom of my foot and it has been and continues to be the worst pain I've ever experienced, which says a lot considering I have MS. Hopefully your second pod can help or different orthotics. I truly wish you the best.

The Following User Says Thank You to aimers11 For This Useful Post:
Lani85 (02-18-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

Lani85 HB User

THanks, I appreciate you response. Its so fustrating because i want things to be semi normal again and be pain free and enjoy my family.

I did have my second opinon and have to go back next week. He thinks my issue may be a deformity and not flat feet since i really do have a beautiful arch. so next week i have some xrays and im really hoping to have some answers

Old 02-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
(female)

aimers11 HB User

Although that doesn't sound great, at least it gives you something to work with. Hopefully it can be fixable so you won't have the chronic pain anymore.

Closed Thread