It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

Augustusine HB UserAugustusine HB User
Hand still painful after fall last month

I got out of a boat and fell on my left hand, in particular the thumb. It is my non dominant hand but after 5 weeks, the whole hand is still painful. I had to have my wedding ring removed as my fingers had swollen. My thumb is still swollen and so painful. An X ray revealed there was no break. Should it still be so sore?

Old 02-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #2
(female)

MrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB UserMrsHeidi HB User
Re: Hand still painful after fall last month

Not an expert here and this is the foot problem board so you may not get many answers. You should probably consult your doctor.

Personally I bent my pinky finger back when I got it stuck on the door a year and a half ago. Went to the doctor got an X-ray and nothing showed up. Went back to the doctor was informed that it could take 6 weeks or 6 months to heal. It took about 3-4 months if I recall correctly. Then again i sprained my ankle badly about 3 months later.

Everyone heals differently. Be sure to consult your doctor again if the pain continues to persist. Better safe then sorry. I hope feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread